1 month! First sober show in 8 years!

1 month sober today. My record in years has been 23 days last November. I also am a huge metal head and have been to so many shows in my adult life that I can’t count them. Unfortunately, I haven’t been sober for probably 99.9% of them. Last night I refused my urge to drink and I actually enjoyed my time! It was a whole new experience for something I’ve done many times. Kind of renewed my love of music.
I’m starting to see the benefits now. Awesome…

9 Likes

Nice! Isn’t amazing how much fun you can have and the clarity to really enjoy it? I went to see a band play last weekend and had a blast…not fazed (pun intended) one bit by not drinking. :smile:

2 Likes

It was a big surprise how much better the music sounded. Usually by the time the headliner would be on stage I was two drinks from a black out. I’ve "missed " very important bands to me because I got too trashed and couldn’t remember. Looking forward to more. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey check out @MissQuinn 's metal thread. Idk If you have found it yet but here it is anyway lol

Metal Thread

3 Likes

I went to a classic rock/metal festival in the UK sober for the first time ever last week and had the time of my life! Going to another show this Sunday and sticking with soda, can’t wait! Glad you had a good time !

5 Likes

Yay! That’s awesome! Congratulations on 30 days! And yes please join us on the Metal Thread! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Keep up the good work. Haven’t been to a metal gig in a very long time. System of Down I think about 15 years ago. Or seeing Slayer with Dave Lombardo back on drums- that was great. Who needs booze to enjoy music. Keep doing it man!

1 Like

Thanks, I will!

Last night was second time seeing Red Fang. First time was drunk. Will be seeing Lorna Shore and Fallujah in two weeks. I’m stoked to have fellow metal heads on here seeing as the drinking scene is huge with it.

2 Likes

yeah, im excited for my first concert since i have been sober. I am going to see Toxic Holocaust in 2 weeks. they are thrashy. anyways congrats again on your milestone :smiley:

1 Like

Enjoy! I’ve heard they put on a good show!

1 Like

They do i saw them 2 years ago and they KILLED IT. ( i think?) i was very intoxicated so this time i hope to remember their whole set haha

1 Like

Congrats on one month!!! I’ve meaning to see Red Fang one of these days. Glad you had a good time sober!

1 Like