15 days without meds!

Today marks 15 days without those “magic pills.” It’s hard for me to believe that I’ve come this far. I remember being at day 5 thinking " I’ll never get anywhere with this." Finally the longest time I’ve been sober for! And no Suboxone this time to help. I’m so proud of myself. I used to dream of the day I could not use for more than a few days. I’d always tell myself I wanted to quit, then four days into it I would always fail. But I can’t fail now! I’ve been pretty quiet with my addiction with family and loved ones. My mom knows I have a problem but I won’t admit it to her. Other than that, no one in my family knows I have a problem. But I opened up to my esthetician and little did I know she’s been battling the same battle. She gave me words of encouragement and little tips that helped her succeed. I felt like we connected on a completely different level. It was nice to finally open up to technically a stranger and get support. Im excited for the day where I don’t have to be ashamed. Or afraid to tell people I’m sober because I’m scared I’ll fall back into it’s trap and don’t want to fail everyone Ive told. Also want to thank everyone that has followed my story and telling me to keep going. It really helps even ifs it’s a way to go. It really helps.

5 Likes

https://youtu.be/Ibjq9C7nS94

Don’t quit, I believe in you!

1 Like

You’re doing really well @nillafresh! Everyone here’s right behind you, but you have to put these thoughts of shame and failing behind you, it’s too negative. 15 days is great! Be confident, but not complacent, and keep racking the days up - every single sober day is another day away from those negative things and thoughts!

1 Like

Thank you! I believe in myself too!

I’m proud of you @nillafresh Nichole…you’re doing awesome. You’ve been an inspiration to others.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I do a good job at staying positive but some times it gets the best of me. Gonna try not to do that :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much! Just hearing I’m an inspiration to others makes me want to take it all the way! I love helping others, that’s why I’m a care taker lol. So if my story can help others I’m all for it and then some!

3 Likes

@nillafresh From the very beginning when you got here, you were already helping others and stating your truth. You’re a huge asset to this community. You’re a strong woman with a positive attitude…never forget that.

2 Likes