1ts full week of sobriety!

I am new to sobriety but finally I am ready. I have been clean for 1 week and feel better nut think of it every now and then. Any suggestions would be helpful!

3 Likes

Welcome! This is a great place to get support and feedback. One day at a time. Get into AA meetings and getting a sponsor are really important. Congrats on your first week! That’s amazing! Keep up the great work!!!

Hi @Hyduke welcome to the forum. :wave: and congrats on taking the big first step.

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

Welcome @Hyduke. Well done on 7 days!

@Hyduke well done on a week. I’m with you on a week too. I did 3 months last summer before thinking I couldn’t have a problem if I could go three months. But hey a week now and something has changed. Firstly I got through it. I didn’t have choice as I was taking antibiotics. But now I feel I would be throwing 7 days away. I’m into running and have noticed the difference there. I did parkrun on Saturday. Normally I would have been too steaming to do that on Friday night. I’ve saved £167 and landed last night at my parents place in france. I’ll have company for 2 weeks so whilst I will be tempted the boredom factor won’t trigger it. I agree with @Oliverjava when she says try and replace it with something else. I want to be as quick as possible at 5k. My friends have said but Tim just have a couple. But I know I can’t and I’m happy with that. For me a couple is 2 pints then supermarket and stop when pass out or make it to bed and feel rubbish next day. Talking of our brains moving on…I used to sneakily add rose wine to coke at my parents place to top up my hit. Just a week into this and being in france and imagining doing that disgusts me. I have just had 9 hours sleep…will hit the gym and then count day 8. Not counting chickens but I can’t see a reason to go back to being controlled by a chemical when life is so short. Well done on 7 days. Keep it up!!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. It has been hard especially with a family. I know I need to put it past me. I find that many others have similar situations as myself and I don’t feel alone any more. I am trying to push my self to an AA group. How many different groups have you attended and do you try to find a group that is of similar age?

1 Like

“Shop” around until you find a group or groups you like. I go to 2 different groups and the age ranges vary in each. I like the mix because I learn more.