24 hours sober

I’ve finally decided to quit. I usually go to liquor because of my horrible anxiety or insomnia. But whenever I drank it’d be til i passed out. Or blacked out. Now im in bed with 2 hours of sleep and anxiety through the roof. It’s the day after that always reminds me why ive been wanting to quit so long. This is certainly gonna be a hard battle. I got plenty of teas for stress and sleep and I hope a sober life will help me. Im tired of feeling so sick. Thanks for your time.

8 Likes

It’s weird the sober life and at first you’ll feel like you don’t really belong, but you learn to love being clean and making it your own life so you’re so much more free without being weighted down by a substance. Independence helps my anxiety and knowing I don’t have to be dependent on something has helped my depression.

1 Like

It’s just hard cause i work at a bar so free liquor is right there. That’s gonna be hard. But being stuck in bed sick for 2 days after I harder. Im looking forward to who I can be now.

1 Like

Hi @Melinda and welcome. People out here are very helpful, just spend some time reading around the forum. There are also a number of members who work as bartenders, or in bars and restaurants. They may have some good advice. Best wishes.

2 Likes

Thank you! Thatd be extremely helpful. I’ll look into it :slight_smile:

…oh and here is one thread about it:

Beautiful thank you!

@Melinda put in the key word “bartender” in the search magnifying glass in the upper right of this forum. There are plenty of articles and people in this line of business.

Hey Melinda, you sound like me and i am on day one today as well (again). Im sure that together with the help others on here we can both do it :laughing:

Awesome thanks!

Everyone’s so great on here im so grateful! I follow a group on fb and everyone’s very bossy and not supportive. Judgemental. I like this better.

Just another reason why Facebook sucks! Besides being sober I’ve also quit doing anything on social media besides the bare minimum of staying connected.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more, most social media is rubbish but it seems ok in here :blush:

It’s like the forum for AA wants me to fail instead of helping me. It’s sad.

@Melinda by no means do i support AA, but I didnt ever get the impression they wanted anything but to help me, and others, acheive sobriety. Did you try multiple meetings, not every meeting is the same, might be there is one that fits you better. I think AA is a great thing for most people and should be explored to its fullest to help a person maintain their sobriety.

1 Like

@Melinda I’m sorry you’re having this experience with AA. It shouldn’t be like this. Not all people in AA are monsters…making you feel uncomfortable. Maybe try a few different things out to see what works for you…

There might be some misunderstanding in this thread. @Melinda, I think you are saying you have issues with the Facebook AA forum, and not necessarily with AA itself. (?)

1 Like

@JohnSee the aa fb forum were rude

1 Like