24 hours sober.(:

I havenā€™t had a drop of alcohol in over 24 hours! It isnā€™t the best feeling but I deserve a better life. Being 18, I shouldnā€™t be a recovering alcoholic.

5 Likes

I salute you for your personal self honesty.

Welcome to the community. Take a look around the forums. Read other peopleā€™s struggles, relate and analyze, post if you feel like it.

I remember a college history professor tell the class, ā€œThere is nothing new under the sun, that hasnā€™t already happened. Just people making the same mistakes a decade or century laterā€.

Post if you have any questions or you just need encouragement.

Welcome.

2 Likes

@Shay wow well done! I tried to stop when I was 18 too but I kept relapsing time and time again Iā€™m now 28 and Iā€™ve only just got it with 61 days sober itā€™s a miracle but my life today is so much better and Iā€™m the happiest Iā€™ve ever been. Youā€™ve started young an thatā€™s tough but believe me life without alcohol is a much better life. You do deserve better lovely so donā€™t give up just take it one day at a time today you have 24 hours all you need to do is stay sober for that long then tomorrow do the same again x

1 Like

I quit at 19 when I got pregnant, then never drank until about 35 when I realized I had been so busy all those years, now Iā€™m singleā€¦And was thinking most normal people try to have relationships. Now Iā€™m suddenly 43 and I would only want a relationship with someone who wasnā€™t into the party lifestyle. I just have so much physical and mental pain and if Iā€™m not working, then it does help relieve those pains. Idk Iā€™ve done 102 days and physically still feel like crap from my health issues. I will go back to gym and do some juicing (fun for spring).

1 Like

Hi @Shay and welcome to the forum. :wave: The good news about only being 18, is that you have your whole sober life ahead of you if you stop now. Unlike many of us here who wasted years or even decades first.

If you have committed to stopping, it is the most important decision of your life. :rainbow: Start with all the support you can get - this forum, AA or other meetings, an outpatient/inpatient program, reading and videos. There is so much out there! But it has to come from within you - it will not be easy.

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

2 Likes