30 days sober today!

Hey all, Thanks to all of you for your stories and motivation. I’m proud to announce I’ve succeeded at being sober for 30 days. It seems to have gone faster the last few weeks. Have gotten so much accomplished and have a phone interview today for a great job. It could be a sign, who knows. I’m ready to keep progressing and move forward with clean living like I did from age 19-35. It would be nice to respond to people when they say, “Oh, you don’t drink?”. No, I stopped when I was 42. Onto the next goal/milestone now - 60 days here we come!

11 Likes

Awesome! Congratulations! I look forward to my post like this next week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay congrats! I am also 30 days today. We are doing it!! :grinning:

3 Likes

THIS kind of post makes me feel sosoooo happy and positive. Day 6 here and withdrawals are still kicking my ass. Getting better and better with each passing day but seeing a post like this makes it all worth it. SO happy for you and thank you for sharing with us all so we all know it is possible! I’m going to work my ass off to get where you are. You deserve this, be proud and be happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! Keep up the hard work. Patience is key. It is worth it even if you get bored/impatient. They say new habits take ~6 weeks to build. (It varies, but you know…) Getting into a new routine does take time, but 0 hangover is great, plus clear head (getting there lol).

1 Like

Congratulations on your 30, well done, keep up the great work

1 Like

Tyvm Crixus, I greatly appreciate the support and need continued motivation. In 2015 summer I did 30 days then stopped because I reached my goal. This time I believe I have a completely different attitude toward it as my body has been rejecting toxins, which I definitely do not mind :wink:

Great job on 30 days and the positive outlook! Keep the momentum going!