60 days yesterday

Been busy getting tons of stuff done that I had been postponing or procrastinating on. Social life has become nil, but feeling happier and healthier daily makes it all worth it! This forum is a great resource and motivator! Thanks to everyone! :relieved:

10 Likes

Congratulations keep it up :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much, Steve! You do the same!!! It really is a blessing to be free of a bad habit or addiction! Free to make new goals, new friends, new life, etc!

Yes iv met some great people while sober that I would have never met while drinking. Itā€™s been an amazing yet turbulent journey.

2 Likes

Awesome job! Thatā€™s something to be very proud of! @NH2015

1 Like

I agree. Most of my ā€œdrinking buddiesā€ have stopped asking me to go out. It only took 2 months and I feel free and clear and refocused. They say you will attract the people who you are similar to. I never set foot in a bar from age 19-35, so I plan to get back to that person. Trying my best. I know we canā€™t go back in time, but I just mean healthy lifestyle.

Congrats on 60 days!!! @NH2015

Not stepping in bars is a good idea. There are so many places I no longer frequent. Bartenders that know my name and order by heart will no longer see my face. Weird.

1 Like

Congrats! and keep keeping busy! (helps me too)

1 Like

Great job! You are an inspiration, keep up the hard work and congratulations, you sound very proud of yourself and happy!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Today is my birthday and Iā€™m quite sure could go anywhere and get drunk for free, but have 0 desire to. Coffee is my new best friend at the moment. Itā€™s nice to set specific goals, write them down, no matter how big or small, get them done and cross them off the list! :coffee::birthday: lol

3 Likes

Thanks all & keep up the great work everyone! :grinning:

1 Like