A big phony

Folks, I suck. Pretty much that.

I have a ton of blessings, and I know it. I have a very long, awesome marriage, two great adult daughters with great jobs and weddings planned in the next 12 months… I have a dream career and a great house, etc…

I just wish I could appreciate it long enough to stop me from drinking that darned first drink…

1 Like

You do have many blessings, as do I. Two properties, four or five cars, and I own my own business. I’m on the verge of losing it all! My business is mainly word of mouth…if my customers knew I’d be out of business tomorrow. I have surrendered and begged God for help. I had to take a leap of faith. It’s not the size of the leap, it’s the willingness to take it. When you decide it is time, you will too! Stay connected here and in any other program/way that helps keep you from the insanity of the first drink. I need everyone here so I can stay alive and I am grateful!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes

1 Like

Hey @Charlie_C. That is the thing I keep reading, alcohol does not discriminate. Look how much hollywood actors have and what they do to themselves? The rich, the poor, fortunate, unfortunate, at peace, traumatized, religious, atheist, on and on. The addict in you is not taking inventory. the addicted part of your brain “sucks” not you. You can fight it, but it will try to convince you otherwise. I see you had long sobriety before, try to learn and move on.

Here is useful thread about early recovery…

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

1 Like

Count your blessings and keep moving forward. Keep changing. One hour at a time if you need to.

“The real risk is not changing. I have to feel that I’m after something. If I make money, fine. But I’d rather be striving. It’s the striving, man, it’s that I want.” ~ John Coltrane

2 Likes