Activites. passion? sober activites

hi everyone,

im currently 5 weeks sober and am on the hunt for my next passion/activity. i used to love contact sports but have a bad hip. i miss having that drive and enthusiasm to go to training and the adrenaline of contact sports.

so my question is. how did u guys go about finding that next thing that absorbs u and makes u wake up of a morning? i believe to be sober for a longer time i will need something else other than gym and soberness. tia

1 Like

I can see how the hip would limit contact sports, but what about mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking? The outdoor community is vibrant. Not sure about the later two, but mtb is a great group. Lots of routine group rides, group trips to new places, just your outdoor adventure types. Racquetball also comes with routine meetups through the week.

1 Like

I gain my greatest satisfaction from doing things that make other people’s lives better. Want to feel good about yourself? Help someone. If you can’t play, coach. If there’s a kid who can’t afford to play, sponser him or her. No youth version if your chosen sport locally? Start a league. Pass that passion on. Leave a legacy. How cool would that be?

I’ve practiced wilderness survival for years. Attended schools in the military, and civilian schools over the years, run by recognized names in the field. I teach the survival merit for a faith-based scouting-type organization affiliated with my church. It’s much more fun teaching the kids than being out by myself practicing, and the kids have a blast learning things that build confidence and could potentially save their lives one day.

6 Likes

Lovely idea @Yoda-Stevie

1 Like

Learn to play an instrument. Guitar keeps my mind busy, my hands busy and its fun and fulfilling.

3 Likes

great thanks alot:)