Addicted to Pot

I have been addicted to Pot for 12 years and have never been able to quite for long periods of time. I will spend close to 60 dollars a day just to get high. I can’t even tell you why I want to get high anymore, besides it’s something to do. I will con, manipulate, lie, steal, even play crazy to get money from family and friends to get money. I enjoy driving around music blasting blunt in my hand and I know deep down its not worth it, however I keep making the familiar choice. Has anyone else been this addicted to Pot before, or give me some advise on what to do. Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

Thanks so much and I relapsed today, so I’m feeling pretty down and dissapointed. I am the type to smoke all day everyday all the time no matter what it has gotten me in trouble with the cops a few times when I was in my early twenties I would do anything under the sun as far as drugs are concerned but the main thing that I’m addicted to is weed I know it sounds funny but it feels like I can’t go a day without it or I start snapping at people I start to make irrational decisions and just become a complete dick. It’s the first thing I think about when I wake up and it’s the last thing I think about when I go to bed I know that is a sign of addiction and I think that’s the hardest part for me as I know I have a problem and I want to quit but I don’t want to ask for the help my family has already helped me before or at least tried and I really don’t want to put them through that stress again. Maybe I don’t want to quit because it’s something that is so familiar it’s been with me for over 10 years now it’s just become normal but it shouldn’t be normal I do want to be sober because I have goals in life that I want to reach and this is just stalling that even through my medical assisting school I smoked the whole way through and got mostly A’s but I look back and think what I could have gotten if I didn’t smoke at all and how far I could have gone

4 Likes

Ya this past year has been nothing but stress smoking…my best friend/landlord got addicted to Meth to the point that SWAT raided my home and I was handcuffed shackled and walked in front of my whole neighborhood to the cop van. He spent so much money on meth I had to bail the house out of 2 for closers and 3 months of all bills not paid even though I pay rent and pay for all food and internet. I’m not trying to make an excuse for smoking it’s just it seems like my usage has definitely increased throughout this year because of the stress and I will say yes my anxiety is through the roof I have OCD so I wash my hands constantly and worry about everything I have two wonderful dogs and I don’t spend time with them because I want to sit around and smoke or drive around and smoke because I want to escape my life that has just become a hit despair even though I do have days of good sunshine and happiness I try to be a positive person I just need to kick this bad habit. I’m also scared of the future I’m ashamed of the living that I make now so I really don’t want to talk about it it’s just my next goal is to get my EMT degree and I’m just stalling because I know I can’t pass the piss test. I’m 28 years old and I feel like I’m ready for my life to really begin but until this chapter is closed I can’t

1 Like

Ya I’m the same way I really have no friends and it’s very lonely. I do work out everyday and I do love that. I’m trying to find more things to take up my time

1 Like

Thanks that’s good advise and I think you should give yourself some credit your doing so well for being surrounded by it

1 Like

Yes I have hit rock bottom.and I don’t wanna take my loved ones down with me…I do try to explain if i date someone I’m an addiction

Lol well let’s just say I swing the other way bro lol…I’m homo. But yeah a relationship would probably make things more difficult

Ya I am I’m having a lot of urges

1 Like

I don’t really have any friends at all and I have blocked all the close ones I had because they were getting into her ione and meth hardcore…no I don’t smoke cigs…and it’s like my passions are gone…thing I usually enjoy I’m not

I’m going through a lot of anxiety right now and depression the gym is the only thing keeping me sane. Thank you for being here for me

Me either except our Xanax to help me sleep which I’m percribed and don’t abuse them

Well I’m big polar and adhd so.some.meds I do have to stay on for my well being. I’m just feeling all over the map right now emotionally is that normal?

I’m just ready to give it all up the smoking an all just nothe thrilled about the anxiety or sleeplessness or no appetite…I’m dreading the mental withdraw

1 Like

Hey guys, you are not alone in any of this! Active addiction can be so lonely, and at first, once you make that decision to change, and you walk away from all the people, places and things that supported your addiction, loneliness creeps back in and for many can be a huge trigger. I’m a recovering alcoholic/addict and over the years the ONLY thing that had helped me stay sober and taught me how to change and deal with my thinking is Alcoholics Anonymous. I found a new life, a new freedom, tons of sober friends who know exactly how I feel and continue to learn life on life’s terms. I was and still am willing to go to any lengths to stay sober. The physical effects of withdrawal are fleeting, they are the easy part, the mental obsession, the insanity of my thinking is what takes time, patience, forgiveness and lots of work, but how do we learn how to make these changes? I had to surround myself with people who have done it, who have stayed sober one day at a time. I was told in early sobriety, just take a step of faith, try it for at least 90 days, if it’s not for you, then try something else…just a thought. Just remember you are never alone in any of your struggles seek everything you can to stay sober and learn to live sober. Stay strong, stay sober! :rose:

2 Likes

I do hope so been tossing and turning all night

After to read this topic I am a little happier because I am not the only one. Yesterday I decide to stop smoking Marijuana. A lot of people talk about Marijuana not to be addictive. But I know that is not true, at least to me. On my very first day trying to stop I failed and have to restart twice. I have smoking for more than 10 years and the 5 last years I have smoked a lot, like 3-5 times/day. This was not a problem to me until recently. Unfortunately people doesn’t understand Marijuana just like alcohol or cigarettes, so I have suffered with the judgment of a lot people, family, friends, etc. I have some friends who smoke too, but the most of all incriminates me for that. Because of this I have no longer talking with all of them, I just want to see friends that I can smoke with. This way I feel more comfortable to be myself, but this mean do not to have contact with a lot of nice people who care about me. Also I haven’t feeling will to do somethings like study or go to market, or anywhere else, I just want to smoke and see movies or series all night and than I sleep almost all day, so I wake up and start all again. I work as developer at home and have no fixed time to work, this make very easy to have this life, but I feel like I am loosing something, my time, my life, myself. I go to gym but this is a very little part of the day. When you are used to smoke all day you just don’t know what to do when you are not high, everything seems boring to me and all I think is about to smoke. I really want to stop but seems as more I think about it more I want to smoke.
Yesterday I throw away all my bag with accessories, but I can’t throw the Marijuana and today I smoked 2 joints. Today I know will not to be so easily how I was thinking but I will not give up, I really want to remember who I am without this.

I’m sorry any gramatical error, I am Brazilian, but anyway I wish to try to talk with someone who can understand what I feel. Thanks

5 Likes

thank you so much. Sometimes we don’t believe ourselves. It’s good to see other people believing. Thanks for your words @Oliverjava. Now I am 14h clean.

1 Like

Me too ive been a moderate user for at least 10 years. I have also had issues with pills when I have been prescibed them in the past ive abused them, dating bacck to my mid teens when I was given morphine in hospital. I even feel like a switch went off at age 10 when I broke my arm and had laughing gas. Something so soothing and caring when I hadnt felt loved at home.
A few years ago I met a guy a decade above me and with much more "life experience"
He was dealing meth but I ddnt find out till I was in love with him. I convinced him to let me try it because I couldnt make an informed descision until I knew first hand what the drug did. He said it was all about maaking money. We binged on it for about 6 months before getting too close to the gang scene and decided together to sayy goodbye to that life… we did it and havent gone back but still smoke pot daily. We now have a daughter and one on the way and I cant quit the pot… meth was easier to give up, yet even a mothers love doesnt seem to be powerful enough for me to say goodbye to my green friend…

I am so happy to be part of this forum.
Knowing I’m not Alone .
I have used pot for 15yrs…almost half my lifetime.
I can’t continue with this Habit being the guide to my relationships and Social Connect’s, Pot Users are the Only Circle I find Peace.
I can’t continue Limiting my Existence to Pot Usage…
So I decided today to let go of the Habit.
I believe with friends over here that understand my plight…I’ll be free this Time

Everything you have said/posted is as if you are reading it out of my own head. I can really relate. I am addicted in the same way, same thing, same habit, same reasoning to end it I am sure.
Thank you for posting and sharing and telling so much about how this effects you. It helps people in the same position see that they can keep going, keep working on it, and they are not the only ones.
I often get eye rolls when I tell people I am addicted to weed. But when a person is no longer doing the drugs, and the drugs are Doing them… its time to quit. My wallet hurts as well. I cant keep on like how I am.
Please keep sharing your journey! It is inspiring to some.

1 Like