Addicted to Pot

This is so helpful because I feel silly when I have to say out loud that I’m addicted to weed, which is something either people don’t smoke and judge you for smoking, or they smoke and don’t have an issue with being addicted (in my experience).
No one has ever even known how much weed I smoke because I’m so good at hiding it. But it’s gotten to the point where I now know I have CHS, a disease that makes you really sick from chronic smoking. It’s not the only reason I want to quit, but the fact that weed is physically destroying my body and all I can think about is smoking to cope and escape shows me that I have a real addiction.

Just feeling so alone and so scared of being judged by people who don’t get it. Day four of sobriety for me. Lots of attempts to quit in the past before convincing myself it isn’t really a big deal. I really want this to be the time that I stay sober.

1 Like

You’ve got this @Hjhd; believe you do. That’s half the battle right there, believing! I believe in you. I know you can do this. Do whatever it takes, just for today and just take things one day at a time. You deserve to be healthy and happy. You can choose that for yourself. You can. Tell yourself you can, believe it to be true and then start putting your action plan together. How are you going to do it? I definitely recommend spending a lot of time on this forum, reading and following the experienced long-time sober ppl’s advice. This is your chance. It’s on you tho. Courage and determination. Reach within. You have these. :sparkles: Best of luck mate.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words. This means more to me than I can say. You really helped today start as a good day for me. Thank you, friend. I will take your advice very much to heart.

1 Like