Almost rock bottom

Day 1, almost 2,
Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Bf and I are “on a break” as of 2 days ago, cause of another thing I did when I was blacked out :confused: he saids he loves me, I know he does, but he wants to see me get better. As do I.

3 Likes

Stay encouraged! Each day is its own challenge so take it one day at a time. Always say no to your vice, never trick yourself into consuming it “just more time.” Make a list of reasons why you quit and carry it around with you. You deserve a sober life. It’s awesome…sometimes it doesn’t feel good but it’s worth the fight. You can do this!

5 Likes

If you have a desire to stop drinking I would suggest trying an open AA meeting. At every meeting I’ve ever been to, folks go all out to make newcomers feel welcome and comfortable. We all remember how scary that first meeting can be. I wish you the very best whatever choice you make.

3 Likes

Welcome @Marshaww! Here are some topics that I think you could benefit from.

These are some tips and tricks to help get you through the first few days after quitting drinking.
Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques

This is a list of resources to help support your recovery. There are many tools to help you including organizations, stuff you can do at home, and other online support groups.

Stay strong! This forum is full of supportive, empathetic people. You can do this!

3 Likes

Welcome here with us Marshaww… you made a great choice by finding your way here and reaching out! Blackouts are something many of us and myself can relate to along with the consequences that are always attached to them. Along with trying to find a program that works for you, I suggest doing some reading on the subject of blackouts. What they really are, and what our brains and bodies go through because of drinking, and how to take action in avoiding that first drink while fighting the urge to drink. In my many relapses, I seldom thought about the blackout to come because my drinking thoughts are selfish and deceiving. A powerful thought by Tony Robbins:
“Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.” You have endless support here when you’re ready-24/7. We all fight the same fight for sobriety together at every different stage.
You’re already on day 2!!!

2 Likes

Hello- I’m new here and I really need some support. I went to a rehab programme which worked for a while, but for the past few months I’ve been drinking pretty much every day. I’m unemployed and really lonely in the week. I have a boyfriend who I adore. He knows my problem but not the extent. I just desperately want to stop and be happy. Any advice/support so welcome.