Almost three days in, motivated to finally change

I’m a 32 year old scientist who lives in california. I’ve been binge drinking every week once or twice since I was in high school, with the exception of 6 months I had sober post a terrible blackout situation. I love bars, beer, socializing at bars, smoking cigarettes, ect. I really want to make a change and do some postive things with my time. I frequently drink until I blackout and have violent outbursts or some other super embarrassing situation. This behavior is threatening my career and my relationships. Making this change is very difficult for me because I identify as a partier and all of my social outlets revolve around drinking. This wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t drink until I was incapacitated, but I often do. I’m here to get help, to take control of my life and make better choices.

3 Likes
2 Likes

@Treesa Welcome the best thing I can suggest is to do 90 meetings in 90 days. The reason for this is so you are busy everyday or night with a meeting and you meet new friends to hang out with and talk. You will have to walk away from your old ways and friends that don’t understand your problem. Good luck in your journey and keep us updated on your journey believe it or not it helps us stay sober also

2 Likes