Alternitive approaches to sobriety- other than AA

I’m going to my first SMART meeting on Tuesday evening. I also was looking for alternatives to a.a. I will let everyone know what I think of it!

1 Like

@Bill_Phillips I am planning on purchasing the book at my first meeting. Hopefully they have some available. I do well with workbooks and being able to be guided through the process through worksheets etc

Just bought it thanks…

1 Like

@NicoleLeanne please do let us know how it goes !!

Stay strong, you can do it :pray:

@VSue

Hey, thanks for this. I printed it out yesterday and have started working it. ฅ’ω’ฅ it’s really helpful

I second that, thanks @VSue

I recently got burned out on AA - and found some great podcasts on utube - Holly Whitaker - Hip Sobriety - her Book “ Quit like a Woman”- really got my attention and made better sense - more about getting your self esteem back and creating a world for yourself that you don’t need to escape - her motto “I don’t have to drink”- such a relief.
Also Annie Grace - “this Naked Mind”- kind of rewiring the way you saw alcohol - really good.
There are so many great books and podcasts out there - and it’s refreshing to read or listen to a more modern, positive approach to addiction recovery - remember your life and fun does not end when you get sober - it’s just beginning - I never want to go back to drinking alcohol - I love my new life :hugs::blush: And I like myself sober so much better

2 Likes

I loved Quit Like A Woman…my favorite book so far. You might also like We Are The Luckiest.

Glad you are finding a path that works for you.

2 Likes