And now i know

Was 6 days sober as of Saturday. Drank an entire bottle of Pinot during the day yesterday. Somehow I knew I wouldn’t be able to get beyond Sunday. But was the experience I needed. Hadn’t been 2 days sober for the last 12 years, didn’t know how great I could feel after 6 days. Feeling not great this morning. Now I know.

Resetting the counter. I CAN DO THIS!!

7 Likes

It is normal to relapse after such a log time spent being drunk. 6 days is awesome and now you have proof how good it is to be sober. You definitely CAN do this! Keep checking in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

Hi. Go again. I’m sure you learned something in those 6 days. Don’t focus on getting through tomorrow, always on today.

3 Likes

5 Likes

You’ve got this. You know what you need to do. And like @JohnSee said, focus just on today.

1 Like

Absolutely can do this. Sometimes our true test is not what we do but how we react after the fact. I know in one of my programs which I have 13 years of sobriety in now my main test in the beginning was not staying sober but immediately getting up when I fell and not letting a slip become a 6 month relapse! I kept doing that till finally today I have not gone back to that behavior in 13 years. G-D bless!!!

1 Like

13 years! that is fantastic. Its interesting how a small window of time can turn into this…I started drinking daily (during/after dinner) every day since 12 years ago when my daughter started driving, to help with irrational anxiety.
Then you get into a rut. Then you start drinking more & more. Then…poof you have no tolerance & whap… you’re an alcoholic!
I do think a pattern is being followed though…I remember my Mom having a bottle of vodka in the bottom cabinet next to the sink at all times for easy access! :smile: