Angry Drunk Blackouts

During a blackout, and believe me I’ve had a few (unfortunately).

Physically, only your short term memory is firing. You no longer able to process the short term memory into a long term memory. Hence the blackout.

Ultimately I think your subconscious(beast brain) is in control. This is the survival portion of your brain. Per se the animalistic part of your brain that will fight, argue and really just make you completely selfish to be honest. Your conscious mind is basically a sleep. No rationale thought is being generated. Hence the term “Liquid Courage!”

I have read several articles that have large scientific terms that promote this same theory, but it’s still a lot that’s not know.

3 Likes

Its as if we are working on autopilot and our brain or awareness in temporarily dead.It really is scary. Excessive drinking of any kind is not normal.I used to try to compare myself thinking either I wasnt as bad as my brother in law who drinks every day or that I was WORSE.Truth is nobody should be drinking because its poisen to our bodies.
You can literally feel yourself dumbing down as you drink if you stop and pay attention, it should terrify anyone…but alcohol is glamourized and we are made to think its normal to drink it but it shouldnt be.
Is there any other drink besides alcohol that you enjoy?When Im around people who are drinking my goto is rootbeer, water, coffee usually a mocha , hot chocolate, any soda or specifically a shirley temple when Im in public places and feeling pressure.Tea and kombucha are also good though, and incredibly healing for your insides.I caused ulcers from my excessive drinking and the probiotics in it actually helps my body heal.

2 Likes

It is very scary! I could look back on a blackout text, all my words are spelled correctly. My grammar is correct, but I said the most outlandish things you can possibly imagine. What really confuses me, I’ll text about things that happened 10 yrs ago, that I literally haven’t thought about in heavens knows how long. Talk about tension! It’s always depressing things, to boot.

3 Likes

Its insane isnt it?

Very insane, it’s not me! It’s my evil twin brother

I’m in a good place again. 1 binge in the last 25 days, and I’m 8 days AF. My defences are up, and I’m thinking more positive. Putting a lot of mental resources to heal myself. For some reason I thought I was so smart, I could put me on auto pilot and everything would be fine. I’m putting effort into it.

2 Likes

I completely understand. I am the same way when drink and I’m a binge drinker so i get it. You definitely don’t need to cut back you have to quit all together. People like us can’t drink. Or like you said something terrible can happen. The only reason why something hasn’t happened now is we are getting a chance at life. A real one. Not one that we live In constant regret or fear. Give up the alcohol all together. You already have a few days sober just keep going. Don’t give in when he drinks. Stay away if he drinks. Tell him you just can’t be around it. Im sure he would be glad to give it up for you. Your life is at a turning point. You choose the direction you go. Please choose sobriety. We are all here for you.

2 Likes

I can identify with you. I was exactly the same way when I drank. Every single time I put alcohol into my body I turned into a completely different person and would say and do things that I couldn’t even fathom. My behavior was so embarrassing but it was almost like since I couldn’t remember it, it didn’t stop me from picking up. I finally had enough, but it took a lot and my life is in shambles right now because I didn’t take the very obvious signs that I should stop drinking serious enough. I’ve destroyed pretty much every relationship I’ve been in. Yesterday was 30 days, I’m not looking back.

4 Likes

Congrats on 30 days :muscle::heart: @easydoesit_x3

@Restlesssoul Good advice.

Wow. Lots of good advice. So comforting to be here.

@Bali45 Yup, you have come to the right place. Stay Sober and Dazzle On.

1 Like

Angry drunk blackouts… That was my drinking style. I know youre hurting like hell right now, but if you commit to sobriety, you WILL feel so much better, I can guarantee you that 100%. So I hope to see you around :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is awesome for 30 days under your belt. KEEP GOING!!!

I have had the same thing happen to me. I would get black out drunk, put my boyfriend down constantly and say/do things I never thought or meant. Luckily, I took the next step. I started going to AA & I’m ready to get clean for good. My boyfriend has put up with a lot too… I’m thankful he hasn’t walked away. You can do this.

2 Likes

Im glad you did too, it feels amazing to know there are other people who have this problem too, recognize it and are learning to change it together.

1 Like

I’ve swung at my husband while blacked out and told him I hated him. Been blacked out in an über on the drive home twice. It sucks how I forget these things when I start day dreaming about having a drink. :unamused:

1 Like

SAME! I’d buy a six pack then see those little bottles of liquor and end up buying two. I just found one of my hidden bottles in a purse I haven’t used in months. I don’t even remember putting it in there.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this @Melrm. My husband has told me that he has found me passed out minutes after we’ve spoken and my breathing was very shallow. That statistic about 50% dying from respiratory arrest is certainly an eye-opener! :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

@Restlesssoul, @Bali45. Oh, the hidden bottles (and beer boxes). Like you, there were so many times I woke up desperate to find or remember where I hid them all before my boyfriend found them. They were everywhere. In dresser drawers, laundry baskets, closets, under my car seats, bottom of trashcans. And then sneaking them our of the house to throw them away. It sounds ridiculous to behave that way. But when I was drinking I didn’t see it as ridiculous or as a problem. I’m glad I don’t have to worry about empty bottles any more!

5 Likes

its crazy to think about yhe fact that were blacked out in a stangers car pretty much…wtf. one day i woke uo with bruises and scratches on my face, not knowing how it happened. looking back its scary because i dont even know who took me home or what happened to me. i hope i just fell…

1 Like