Back at square one

I blew my 12 day sobriety this weekend and the guilt has me feeling very down. I went out to dinner on Saturday night and just caved. :pensive: I dont know why I let myself do it because it wasn’t even worth it. I was so proud of myself for getting close to the 2 week mark too. I guess all I can do now is stop feeling sorry for myself and start over.

6 Likes

Sorry about your recent relapse @JenKH3. Those weekend events can be pretty triggering. Learning experience. You know it wasn’t worth it. Next time, you’ll make the decision to stay sober and stick with it. You got this.

Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

You can feel sorry for a little bit, just don’t let it linger and consume you. Your next goal can be to make it past 2 weeks! Relapse is sometimes a part of sobriety. Are you following any program?

3 Likes

It’s ok, i just started, never had anybody around who really understand me, now i have hundreds of beautyful people who march for the same reason and i feel hopeful, lets stand up and keep going ,together.

5 Likes

@Elisabeth, thank you. I have gone to a couple of AA meetings, and honestly I felt a little bit out of place. This may sound bad but, the others at the meetings were all men and much older than me. I would love to find a group with people more relatable to me. Do you have any suggetstions as far as a program goes?

Thank you, @andrus. That really helps :blush:

Definitely shop around. I prefer women’s meetings now. You don’t want to feel out of place, you want to feel like you’ve come home. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Definitely not back at square one @JenKH3, you just hit a bump in the road and stumbled. Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and continue on your journey of sobriety! :sunny:

:star: One Day at a Time :star:

This setback will help you grow stronger :purple_heart:

1 Like

You’ve got this @JenKH3. What do you need to add to your sobriety toolbox so you learn from this and not do it again?

We can do this. You know you can. You’ve already proven that to yourself.

1 Like

Hey @JenKH3. You’re definitely not “starting over” just continuing on sobriety. But you may need to learn a fees lessons from what happened and be better prepared.

I see a number of people out here today struggling with slip/relapse. I would recommend spending some time studying relapse prevention and how to deal with cravings. Some good resources are in these posts:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

1 Like