Beating temptation

Hello to anyone reading, this is my first time putting myself out there after many years of struggling silently and privately. For many years I battled with crossdressing, the lust of being something I’m not, and projecting my insecurities and inner pains into a degrading and demoralizing activity. I’m sure many of you have strong opinions on this subject, but regardless of them, for me this is a challenge that I need to finally face. No more going deep into dark places, no more giving in. Anyone with a similar struggle or any personal battles, feel free to talk. We can all help bring each other up

@Flaash…believe it or not many addicts/alcoholics use/drink to become something they’re not, to escape the reality of their lives. I know that’s what I tried to do. It worked for a while but eventually consumed me until I had no idea who I was anymore. Eventually I had to face the fears of my past, my present and my future life that drove me into my addictions. I had to come face to face with myself and get into recovery. The addiction may look different for each of us, but the FEELINGS behind our behaviors are usually very similar! Fear, shame, guilt are the dirty little secrets that keep us sick. I applaud you for speaking out for your recovery…God bless your journey

4 Likes

@Flaash Thank you for sharing your story! Nice to meet you! We are all here for support & encourage one another! Spread the love & peace! Welcome! Blessings to you & hugs! :smile::smile::smile::purple_heart::pray::pray::pray::v::v::v:

1 Like

Thank you and yes I too have masked my unhappy marriage, insecurity and self loathing with alcohol. I used to say alcohol makes everything better. Life is so much better with wine. That was just the cowards way. I’ve such a long tunnel to go through and I am just at the start. Keep strong. X

1 Like

@Lush Our disease spreads out in every aspects of our lives, especially our relationships. Sometimes we have to make a decision to let those relationships go in order for us to take care of ourselves. I had to walk away from my marriage for a while in order to get my head on straight and stay sober. I had made a decision that my sobriety HAD to come before everything and everyone. It wasn’t easy and I made some mistakes along the way but I stayed sober and my husband is now also sober and we are putting our marriage back together in a healthy way. I found a God of my understanding in AA that showed me that I was worth fighting for and deserving of forgiveness but also to extend that forgiveness to those who had hurt me. Hang in there, get into a recovery program and be patient with yourself and the process. One day at a time, it’s so worth it and so are YOU!

2 Likes

Thank you.@MicheleH for your encouragement and support. It means so much knowing there is a strong network out there. I’m trying to learn to meditate to see if this helps also x

Exactly right, the hardest part I find about overcoming your addiction is to reveal that ugly truth, and confront it to make something beautiful instead of masking it. Thank you for your support and may we all recover one day at a time…for testing rest of our lives!

Thank you and nice to meet you as well! It’s encouraging to see other people helping each other through various but ultimately similar struggles. I’m hoping that the support from and to others here will help me even more on my path, and maybe even help someone else. Thank you!

1 Like