Book review: This Naked Mind...have you read it?

So i have seen several people mention this book while saying it has been very beneficial for them. I just cracked it open last night and so far it seems good. If you have read this book please take a moment to tell me what you got from it and how it helped. Thanks!

3 Likes

Helped me to begin shifting my perspective about alcohol and see that we’re basically brainwashed since birth into thinking alcohol is needed to have fun, relax, cope with life, etc. but it’s really just addictive poison.
Also loved how she said about hangovers “I never have to feel this way again”. :blush:

5 Likes

Funny! I just finished it last night. I’m on Day 21 and figuring out how to make this lifestyle permanent. I read it quickly over a week but plan to reread a few sections about how alcohol effects the body. The author referenced a lot of life experience with wine and work that I could totally relate to. There’s another book by Vale (can’t recall first name) that she and a bunch of others reference that I plan to read next…

1 Like

Where do I find the book…

1 Like

Very interested in reading this book after finding this thread. Thanks for sharing

Yes, excellent book.

I’m half way through it at the moment and find its really opening my eyes about how evil drinking is. I’ve bought it on audio book so I can listen to it at anytime even at work. When I started listening to it I had been drinking and listened to the first few chapters over and over trying to take it all in. The author reads quite quickly but without a drink it’s all making sense. It’s definitely helping me so give it a go.

1 Like

I found it on line.

Thanks Willow I will look it up !

I just got a epub copy of it and I’m going to read it after I finish Recovery: Freedom From all Out addictions. I am new to this app so I just jumped into the book club and saw they were reading This Naked Mind last month so I decided to download it as well as the current book. I’m thrilled there is a group of people who are sharing books on this app :heart: finding this app has been such a blessing for me and I am grateful to be a part of this community.

1 Like