Brand new; three days sober

Hi there :wave: I downloaded this app three days ago when I decided it was time to put down the freaking bottle once and for all. I work as a counseling psychologist and most of my patients are struggling with substances, and I realized I can’t continue to act hypocritically and I can’t keep feeling like crap. This seems like such a warm community and I’m glad to be here. Also attempting a 90 in 90; just left my third meeting.

Today I am not drinking!!!

12 Likes

Hey welcome. Glad to see your trying the 90 in 90. Realistically I could never make it to 90 consecutive meetings but I’ve been keeping a solid 2-3 meetings a week. Try not to stress out too much at first. Welcome to the forum nice to meet you and read your story so far :smiley:

Nice, 90 in 90. I wasn’t able to do that, but I heard that it can help. Welcome!!! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Welcome. Im getting back to AA. Im attemping 90 in 90 as well. But im currently not working so I have been hitting as many meetings as possible. The most so far was 5 in a day. Staying around the rooms is keeping me clean. Just one day at a time. Dont overwhelm yourself.

2 Likes

Hi @ClearSky and welcome to the forum. :wave: If anything your experience with getting sober will help you with your work! A few counselors at my outpatient had substance abuse in their past. I felt that they connected more - but of course only if you stop first! :thinking:

Also note that the forum is available outside the “App” from anywhere at talkingsober.com

Here is a useful thread on getting through early recovery:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

Welcome @ClearSky (love your name) The clarity that comes from sobriety coupled with your experience in addiction will make you a better human being and counselor. Welcome to the journey!

@ClearSky welcome to the community! I look forward to hearing your experiences. I have a few myself, I have a Aunt that is the Head Nurse of Psychiatric Ward for an ER. I worked as an Emergency Dispatcher for a major city. I’ve been on the receiving end of many substance abuse/domestic violence calls. Plus, my own experiences throughout the years.

Welcome.

Welcome…