Cutting ties with people

I’ve found that with this cessation to pills that I’ve been cutting ties with people that are bad for me, it’s only day 2, and it sucks, but I know it’s for the best…I need more friends that are into other stuff besides getting high. I’m sad but happy at the same time.

6 Likes

Im going through the same thing with everyone I know that drinks. A friend told me … find a meeting that you totally like and can meet some new friends. Its possible, start over fresh and sweep all the old out the door. Congrats on day number 2 and the dedication to want to better your self with sobriety. You can do it! Im here if you ever need to chat

2 Likes

@Shelbyeriss Thanks, I think I will be fine because I just moved out of state and where I am I don’t know anyone so I have no connects, which is great! But thank you and I’m here if you need an me as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I cut ties and my social life is non existent, I don’t mind this as it gives me time to focus on me and 2 start making real friends - if they can’t support you now are they really friends?

4 Likes

@wakfers absolutely not, I agree, and I’m not even mad, if they don’t like it too bad this ain’t for them

1 Like

Thank you and I think that is the best thing for you. I have definitely had to do it before and you know what I never looked back, Jan 25 will mark 8 years sober from drugs… Have faith I think you made the smartest move!!!

2 Likes

That is amazing! @Shelbyeriss great job! Granted for me I’ve only used low dosages, but for a long period so I’m still feeling the WDs but I’ll live, I haven’t even used kratom at all in the days I’ve stopped, nothing but marijuana and I’m gonna keep it that way. @Dan_Alexander I haven’t had to do that and I’m sorry you did, but it was for the best. I’m coming to realize these were only people that liked me for what I could get, and vice versa for me, so it wasn’t even a friendship. Keep going!

1 Like