Day 1 & 1/2

I just restarted my clock. I quit drinking for 2 months and then, for little to no reason, I just went out and had a drink. Naturally, it progressed from one drink to a 6 pack a day again. I’m trying so hard to not go buy beer right now. Only my partner knows and he’s been so awesome about it, but he’s out of town this weekend and I’m alone with my cat. I don’t want to do AA because it’s religious for my taste and I don’t think that will help. I’m an artist/writer but even those things seem impossible to me right now. I just don’t know what I can do to resist the urge and my family lives thousands of miles away.

It might be helpful to follow some kind of program, even if it’s not AA.

2 Likes

Try to remember why you quit originally. How much like carp you felt and/or what you did. Don’t forget the original reason every time you feel like screwing up.

1 Like

Crap not carp.

1 Like

@Msmith1237 I think you meant…

4 Likes

The hardest strugle is your self and if your able to control your self you will never relapse you control you life.

Ps: i believe you can do it motivate your self take long walks and think of where you been and where you really wanna be.

2 Likes

Lol. That’s hilarious.

I’m 100% positive that’s what @Msmith1237 meant.

1 Like

This was so helpful. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Although it was funny doesn’t usually go like this thread. Laughter is good medicine however.

Welcome @edithal! Here are some tips and tricks to help get you through the first few days of sobriety:

1 Like