Day 1, again

So, I have quit drinking probably 50 times in the past few years. Most of the time I had planned to start again once I “got it under control” The longest I have gone without drinking is three days. Last year this time I was at my worst. Drinking for breakfast, drinking at work. AT MY DESK! My job was so stressful I felt like that was the only way I could deal with it. Knowing this was unacceptable, I got rid of the job, started a new job at a great place. This cut my drinking down significantly. But, I was still drinking everyday. Am still drinking everyday. I drank a glass of wine this morning, minus the glass. Just straight from the bottle. Which was hidden behind my bed even though I’m alone. wtf? I’m so sick of living like this/ Sick of waking up in the morning hungover trying to remember if I posted anything asshol-ish on Facebook. Sick of not being clearheaded, being shaky and even having vision problems. So, I downloaded a sobriety app and here I am for support because obviously I just cannot do this alone! I’m just so tired of failing at this.

6 Likes

@LB73 welcome. Here are some links, tools, and books that might help you and allow you to get out of your head for awhile.

Different Aspects of Recovery

1 Like

Your story sounds almost exactly like mine. Here I am again for the umpteenth time. I thought I could do it alone but here I am all this time later, still unable to do it alone. I’ve even recently fallen off the wagon because I can’t do it alone. Shoot me a message we can help support each other

Hi and welcome! Coming here and looking for help means you have already taken the first step! Hope to see you around. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My name is taylor

Hi Taylor!

1 Like

Good luck! You’ve got this! This community is definately helping me so far, I’m on day 5. It’s tough every single day, my story is very similar to yours. But we’re all here and in this together!! Sending postie vibes your way!!

2 Likes

Hi :slightly_smiling_face: it’s so good that you came here and posted, that’s a positive first step! So well done

I can definitely relate to your story. You’re welcome here and will always provide support

1 Like

This literally feels like I’m reading my own story! This is the fight fight of my life…for my life! We are not alone, even if I don’t post just reading other people’s posts help. God Bless!!

1 Like

Its the best you could do, this is my first day in this app but for what I’ve seen theres a lot of nice people who would be thrilled to talk to you if you feel down or wanting to drink, we are here for you, i think everyone have passed for some bad moments that we understand each other!

3 Likes