Day 2 slightly sucks

Day 2 is starting to kind of sucks mentally as well as physically…opiates are the devil…never again smh. Any experiences / thought’s / motivation would be awesome.

Dont any motivations but you can look at youtobe about crocodile drug. Its nightmare … how ppl destroys homselfs… i have just alcohol and sniffing methamfetamine … for 5years … i know its just halfway till sucide mi body . Want to stop untill i have family . Bueatifull daughter… i hope my post will help you a bit :slight_smile: lets say to ourselfs that we a not weak if others enjoying life without this shit .we can to … we will find otherways to realax …
:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Big.shaman and @Oliverjava thank you for those words, I smoked some pot (not a problem in my life nor effecting my pockets and myself like opiates are) those feelings passed and I do not feel like I am going to reset my timer :slight_smile: I got as far as texting people who I know still indulge, but didn’t reply to their responses
Win.

2 Likes

Hey @KeepGoing, I’m at 908 days in recovery from opiate addiction. I’m glad cannabis is an option for you, I’ve never seen a problem with it being addictive, or destructive to wellbeing. The first days are hell, period. Weed’s not an option for me, gotta keep my career, and the first several times I tried cold turkey didn’t work. I finally got online and looked up some info about treatment for opiate dependency. There are people who don’t consider you clean if you are using any medicinal therapy, but theven truth is, if the only way you can stay clean is by replacement therapy, then you’d be crazy not to use the help that’s available. I personally am prescribed Suboxone, and it works beautifully. When I was considering my options I immediately dismissed Methadone. I had used methadone to get high before, I knew it would happen even if I had good intentions. Suboxone completely negates any withdrawal symptoms, lasts all day, and will not get you high (I guess it could if you were an opiate virgin). The ingredients are buprenorphine and naloxone. The Bupe is a synthetic opioid agonist/antagonist which floods the receptors and keeps other opioids from working if you take them within so many hours. The naloxone is a fast acting opioid antagonist, with a short half life. They put this in here to keep you from taking Subs while you have opioids in your system, as it would precipitate incredible withdrawals. I know this is a lot of info, but my point is this; If you feel like you can’t take the physical or mental withdrawal, and you are going to relapse, there’s another option. NA and other groups don’t like it, but if its between that and relapse, I recommend giving it a shot. I’ve been tapering off for about 6 months now, and feel fine. There are plenty of online resources to help you find a Suboxone therapy doctor near you. Again, I’m all for total abstinence if you can do it, but I wish I had known there was an alternative when I was first getting sober. Cheers!

1 Like