Day one again :(

… try and try again !

2 Likes

Do not brood over it Lola!! Get back on the wagon and just go with it!! We are humans after all!!

1 Like

(Sorry, couldn’t help myself!)

But seriously, if you feel like there is some cycle. See what you can learn from the relapses and maybe add more support / reading / tools. Glad to see you here!

3 Likes

@Lola are you working a recovery program to learn tools for a better life in sobriety and to be accountable to others on this journey?

@Melrm I will look for a program/support. For now I feel lonely and lost. I miss my dad, my sister lives on the other side of the world. I do not find the power to succeed

hehe couldn’t help it

6 Likes

Not so funny

You are seriously so talented. Where’s my Link picture? (Zelda) :smile: :bow_and_arrow: :video_game:

1 Like

wow @Naturehippy that is amazing. I know it’s from Yoda and I guess a script writer, but I have used those words as inspiration sometimes.

Thank you for you help

It’s actually my text tone on my phone hahaha

1 Like

I’m about 3/4 through my first 24 hrs (again) and this has been the longest day. I’ve been busy with work, but I can’t remember time moving so slowly… :smiley: I’ll keep going, but I feel like I should get credit for 2 days.

Whenever I feel like drinking, I cruise through the posts and read someone else telling my story! I keep in mind that they are sober and maybe for longer than me. He/she just told my story and continued to be sober. It he/she can, I can too!

I try to go to AA meetings at least three times a week. I’ve been told to call another alcoholic when I feel like drinking. I just can’t bring myself to bother people at night (even though they say it’s no bother!). I use this forum to “talk” to other alcoholics. It is SO helpful. I get out of my own head for a while and (hopefully) make comments that will help others.

I’m finally ready to start making posts of my own, like in “your story”. In the beginning, I just took advantage of all the help these wonderful people give freely of themselves. Take what they give you! They have the gift of sobriety because they share it with newbies like me and you! You got this :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Day 1 in the books!

5 Likes

I too can’t bring myself to bother people. I share here, but am frozen in my place at a meeting. I enjoy listening to others, but I am not a sharer in person or on the phone. This forum allows me that contact without the anxiety.

4 Likes

Exact same here, feeling feelings is hard enough, sharing them in person is an impossibility for me.