Destination wedding

I’m going to a destination wedding this weekend and no one knows that I have alcohol issues and am trying not to drink. I fell off the wagon the last few days but need to start on the wagon again. I don’t know what to do or how to handle this. Sigh.

3 Likes

Do you absolutely need to go? Is the wedding more important than your sobriety?

2 Likes

I have to go, close family.

1 Like

I have kind of the same problem coming up. Beach trip planned and paid for with close family and one is someone I would consider my drinking buddy. I plan on posting on this app A LOT during that trip. And planning now on what to say and do. If you hear of other good ideas please let me know? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m thinking that because it’s hot there that I don’t want to get dehydrated and sip juice and maybe pretend that it’s a mixed drink…

1 Like

If all else fails use the "I am on anti-biotics excuse!!! Or drink passionfruit and lemonade

4 Likes

Not sure where the wedding is…but ask the bar tender to make you an awesome looking fancy off the hook non-alcoholic drink…you can do this…go have a blast

1 Like

Thanks for all the great ideas! I’ve managed to just have juice and water so far!

2 Likes

I get red bulls and water at the bar and it keepa me high energy and fun and most people dont even notice im not drinking. They think im having red bull vodka. Of course if you wanna tell the truth just be honest and tell them how much better you feel without it. Most people miss the good times around alcohol not the alcohol itself. You can still let go amd have fun without it just takes a little more effort to get out of your head.

I’m taking today as a win. I did have a small sip of beer since it’s a kind we don’t have back home. And my MIL ordered me her favourite resort drink so I had one small sip of that. That’s it. Now we’re relaxing in our room. :blush:

I didn’t have a mimosa despite being encouraged to!

Using this thread as accountability… Made it through lunch, had a virgin miami vice. Woot!

Made it through the wedding! Day and a half more in the carribean!

1 Like

I got so grumpy at the family, out of eight people, no one remembered to tell us when and where dinner was until after they had sat down. But when we got there I ordered orange juice instead of a margarita like everyone else was drinking.

2 Likes

Good thinking good job :wink:

1 Like