Everything hurts

I feel ashamed and alone. I have no one to talk to and I keep relapsing. I don’t know what to do.

3 Likes

heyy im with ya. in 3 hours ill have my first 24 hours clean
the morning is the hardest for me. i wake up with a racing heartbeat with the urge to use every morning. i like to think that a sober life is a journey. take it one day at a time. even 1 sec at a time. i dont know about you really, but, i do kno i thought about the comment to sobriety and to me, its 100% worth the effort. you are deff not alone my friend. im with ya.

1 Like

First stop drinking! Don’t give into the thought if I drink it will go away.

Post here at any thought of drinking! I’m assuming your coming off a binge. I don’t want to be extreme, without knowing the circumstances. It’s a simple hangover?

1 Like

@Erik you are not alone in this…we’re all walking this journey together.

2 Likes

Yeah just a really bad one.

We’re offering you a hand up, you can do this! Be open-minded to consider recovery rather than just trying to abstain.

Sounds like a 3 day hangover! Hang tough, your don’t deserve that. I would make a journal entry of how you feel right now.

Make a mental note as you write it, to give you past insight the next time you feel the urge to drink!

1 Like

So your ready to address the symptoms, but our you rdy to address the problem?

That’s the difference between a hangover and waking up pain free :lying_face:. Let’s start a recovery!

1 Like

Talk to us :slight_smile: why do you feel ashamed? What’s hapening? What’s the longest period with no drink? Mine used to be a weekish before i broke my promise to drink less. X

I am ashamed because I made a promise to myself to stop drinking and then I drink so much that I black out. The longest I’ve gone is three days and I feel like every time I start up again I drink more.

3 Likes

That’s a process i went through @Erik, drinking til i get nice and drunk, if not working next day then i drink til passing out with drink in my hand, wine stained face and teeth… Wake up 3am with panick attacks, sweaty and greasy… Promise myself never again, and then start again next evening. I started taking supplements which helped with cravings, Lglutamine, taurine and SAM-e, not to mention melatonin before bed, b complex and others… I have to say it really helped, less anxiety, no real cravings (fleeting ideas rather than cravings). What social support do you have?

That’s a totally normal thing to go through and promise yourself, only to do it again and again, and again. I did. Have you ever been to an AA meeting? Or read the beginning of the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous? Both suuuuuuuper helpful for me to stop drinking and start living. They’re so helpful, and they all can relate to EXACTLY what you feel, what you’re going through.

https://youtu.be/R4BzPvVreL8

I know this sounds hokey… but I started listening to theses as I fell asleep. Really started it just to fall asleep.

1 Like

I turn off everything in my room. I plug in my headphones and follow the directions. Got to hit the subconscious and keep your conscious on guard.

Hi @Erik if you are going only a few days, don’t even call it relapsing, it’s more like false starts. This forum has been great, and everyone so supportive, but it sounds like you may need more forms of support. Not sure where you are from, but do you have access to an inpatient or outpatient program? Maybe try attending AA or similar meetings. Maybe do more research on early recovery. @Melrm sent you a link. “white-knuckling” it on your own may not be enough. Don’t be ashamed or hard on yourself at all. Just get more tools and support and go again.

1 Like

Literally I have the same problem as you, at least you are not the only one and you don’t have to be alone!

Thanks everyone! I made it through day one without drinking now on to day two!

4 Likes

Day two!! One was such a lonely number!! You got this under control x

1 Like

People that are having problems, Research Research Research!

There is no cookie cutter answer. Your unique! Tie yourself up to a chair, get to day 5-6. The real you will pop-up! That’s when the real progress of self discovery happens.

2 Likes

How are you @Erik?

1 Like