Fallen off the Sober Train

It’s been about a month and a half , I started to hit the 6 packs again. Almost daily or every other day. My life has been complete hell. Prior to this I was being somewhat sober. I was stronger than I am right now. Last night was the last straw for me I had eight 16 oz beers. They were kinda sweet and it just got to my stomach I haven’t puked in years. Being on the ground and feeling like a complete dumb ass . Enough is enough. I need to kick this disease for good. Not just for awhile but for GOOD.

4 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself, people make mistakes. Just keep moving forward, we’ve all been there!

I had a lapse over a week ago and drank some crappy beer. I realized “Wow, this beer is crappy AND makes me feel terrible!” It definitely hits you in those moments, but then you have to carry that through your sobriety. Keep trying and don’t give up! Whatever’s going on in your life, will not get better with alcohol involved. It’s hard to train yourself to be aware of that but it’s true. :heart:

3 Likes

Welcome back @Eric_Anthony_Spicka

Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

Hey @Eric_Anthony_Spicka :wave: and welcome back.

I saw a number of people out here recently struggling with slip/relapse. I would recommend spending some time studying relapse prevention and how to deal with cravings. Some good resources are in these posts:

(Different Aspects of Recovery)

(Different Aspects of Recovery)