Favorite Quotes

Whats your favorite quote/quotes to help you cope with, remind or keep you on track with your addiction?

Heres a few of mine…

“I had such a wonderful life before drugs and alcohol abuse. I’ve got that life back now and plan to keep it. Maybe I had to go through what I did to get to this point, to appreciate this life more”

“Nobody ever said getting clean was easy, and it takes discipline to maintain it long term. And while the uphill climb may seem impossible at first, the end result is one of the most rewarding accomplishments you’ll ever experience”

“Remember that just because you hit rock bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there”

“Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next”

Stay positive everyone! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

This program didn’t open up the gates of heaven to let me in, it opened up the gates of hell to let me out.

I can either get humble or I can get high.

I swear occifer, I’m sotatly tober.

Resentments are like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies.

7 Likes

Let go and let God, or get dragged.

2 Likes

Wow those are some great ones, love them!! :+1:

1 Like

Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it’s something that it doesn’t get a day off.

You didn’t come this far, only to come this far.

Sobriety is one of the greatest gifts anyone can give themselves.

2 Likes

“I swear to drunk occifer, I’m not God!” :rofl:
@Englishd Love the gates quote. I’m sharing that with everyone now!
@Bill_Phillips The poison quote is actually older than AA. Buddha, if I’m not mistaken.:thinking:

1 Like

“It is not about how hard you can hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward”

2 Likes

Just saw a pretty simple one on a billboard that made me smile… str8 to the point… “heroin, pills, it all kills, get help now!”

2 Likes

I accidentally got some blood in my alcohol stream.

3 Likes

“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it is called the present.”

This is the one that I’ve been focusing on a lot lately. I’ve been having a lot of anxiety over events of the past. But not just the things I did while drinking. Sometimes they are even little things I did as a kid (like steal from a classmate). I suspect some of my drinking was to help deal with the shame of some of my past choices. But now the alcohol is gone and they are all coming back to me like a tsunami. So I’m really working on letting things go. I can’t do anything about what has already happened.

If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow you’re going to piss all over today.

4 Likes

Don’t think about what can happen in a week or a month. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you wanna be.

1 Like

Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality. Upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.

5 Likes

Thats a great one, I have to save that one for my daily reminders! :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

The worst part about anything that’s self destructive is that it’s so intimate. You become so close with your addictions and illnesses that leaving them behind is like killing the part of yourself that taught you how to survive.

You don’t have to be ready to recover, you need only to be willing.

You wake up every morning to fight the same demons that left you so tired the night before.

1 Like

Anyone who works the steps alone has an idiot for a sponsor.

4 Likes

Huh…my sponsor gave me a packet and told me to write about my flaws and character defects. I must admit I’m having trouble motivating myself to finish. There was a lot of crying that happened while I was writing. I started feeling emotionally exhausted. She’s on vacation at the moment and I did text her but her answer was “just follow the packet” Hm.

So you’re working it with a sponsor. The quote means that someone who sponsors themselves is an idiot. You are definitely doing it right.

3 Likes

Oh lol well that’s always good to know!!! :smiley:

1 Like

You got a new profile pic didn’t you?

1 Like