Feeling a little slow

I’m not sure if anyone else has had this problem…but I am suddenly forgetting things…having short term memory. I suffer from chronic migraines so lately when I went to take excedrin I decided not to and about 20 min later I couldn’t remember where I put them if they went back in the bottle or not and then last night after my doctor prescribed me migraine medicine I took one out and decided to wait and when I went to find it I couldn’t remember where I put it…and still cant.Maybe I’m being paranoid but I’m afraid alcohol has done damage to my memory
I also noticed that I sometimes find it harder to concentrate, and get out what I’m trying to say quickly .It’s as if my mouth is trying to line up with my brain.Its not all the time, but I definitely notice.Maybe these are problems I had before drinking, who knows cause I can’t fricken remember.

1 Like

I suffer from short term memory loss as well, and it was getting worse the more I drank. In the end I found myself opening a beer then realizing I had a full one already open in another room… Just another sign I needed to quit now looking back on it. My memory is already improving with sobriety.

2 Likes

I’ve had terrible short term memory since I can remember and I’m only 31. Write things down. Set reminders. It helps so much!

1 Like

@Oliverjava
I think you are right…I try too hard to find things and wind ulup frusterated with a headache from stressing over it.
I’m gonna try relaxing and stop looking for it.
@Fancy that’s a good idea maybe if I write down where I put these important things it would help alot

1 Like

@FreshOffDenial lol oh my gosh I know how that is.You can’t find your beer and you get annoyed and think damn I must have drank it only to find it later.Sad part is I’d get excited when I found an extra one I had forgotten about. Almost like a present …now that’s bad
It’s funny/sad to look back at

1 Like

How long have you been sober? Memory issues are a PAW (post acute withdrawl) that can last up to a year after abstaining.

1 Like

Today Im 93 days sober.I am starting to remember more but when I posted this my memory was pretty bad I honestly think it had to do with stress. Its crazy what stress can do to your body and your mind

2 Likes