Feeling anxious and antsy

I have been thinking today after all my Friday night plans fell through with friends on how absolutely EASY it would be to just drive over to the liquor store and poof, viola, I can make my own Friday night plans. I dont need to be around people because I can just go home cuddle up and easily be by myself with a ton of vodka shooters. But then there is yet ANOTHER downfall that would leave to 2-3 week long binge that would probably cost me more relationships and definitely responsibilities. I feel terrified to spend time alone with myself in case I end up getting bored and thus getting destructive. I cant wait until these beginning stages cease… I also think i need new sober friends, I feel so stressed out but i know I can do this I just need to be positive.

3 Likes

Thank you so much @Oliverjava !!! All of your words have been so helpful! I used to be an artist before i dedicated EVERYTHING in my life to drinking. I want to focus on rebuilding that and getting back into all of the fun hobbies I used to enjoy. Meditation Is a big key, and deep breathing walks have been helping me out alot as well. I cant wait to be the girl I used to be. I dont even know who that was anymore but I cant wait to be an amazing NEW ME!!! Your words have been such a positive help and have kept me strong thank you! I like the idea of a gift of recovery. Maybe ill buy some new art supplies and get practicing again!!

2 Likes

Thanks I agree I like spreading positive vibes it helps me as well. Your great!

2 Likes

Heads up that when craving that drink, eating chocolate will help get you through untill you can occupie your mind with something else :blush: you can also test your senses when overly anxious. Sight, smell, hearing, taste and feel. Wishing you luck!

Thanks @GradyM cant go wrong with chocolate. I feel a little bit stronger every day. Last night I had my first drinking dream where I woke up and was so disappointed in myself for drinking but then let out the biggest sigh that it was just a dream. It ll get bettr every day. Thanks for your support!

1 Like