Finding January tough

I’m approaching 100 days with only 5 days to go but today I’m finding January so hard, feeling really low and full of anxiety- work is crazy busy and feel like letting off steam and blacking it all out! So many pressures I don’t want to face, including money issues since Xmas! Trying to stay positive but my inner dialog is really negative. I’m
Coming across really positive on outside but it’s all an act and acting is tiring but have no one to talk to.

2 Likes

Congratulations on 95 days! That is an amazing achievement.

You know that those pressures won’t go away if you drink. Perhaps you can start planning a treat for yourself that is some kind of “letting off steam” for your 100 days? Something exciting but not too expensive. An example for me might be an intro to rock climbing lesson. Something small from the bucket list.

I saw that you said you were a runner. Have you been able to get out there?
I just finished a run. It made me feel less of the January blahs even though it was almost dark and I needed a toque and mitts. Last week when it was freezing I started looking up indoor running tracks too.

:runner:

3 Likes

Wow 100 days is a huge accomplishment! Congrats on that and keep it up. I’m just one day at a time at 12 days

4 Likes

How long would you ideally want to black it out for - an evening? 6 months? After your second drink you’d be kicking yourself and not finding the relief this depressant poison supposedly fills us with. Then you’ll have the miserable hangover, the reset, the feeling you’ve just f’d up 95 days…
Your money problems won’t be resolved and all the other stuff’ll still be sitting there.
95 days - most of us are in awe of that!
You will make the right choice, I’m sure, because reality might bite occasionally, but it’s certainly preferable to the alternative!

3 Likes

Thank you all / this place is the best for resetting your goals and your thoughts. I’ve got 99 problems but a hangover ain’t one!! Thank you all - feeling a lot better after some me time and reflection and some excercise - excercise and clean eating are so important for my mood and I’m back on track with both - thank you all x

1 Like