Happy Pride Month!

Hi hi from a bisexual woman trying sobriety over and over again. I’ve never seen an LGBT topic before so i thought I’d start one so we can connect!:rainbow_flag:

I’m curious how people have gotten through Prides sober before. I’m at 29 days and debating whether I should go to the parade next week because of all the booze. At the same time I really wanna go. Choices!

6 Likes

Welcome! I am taking a wild guess and thinking there must be a great LGBT sober community out there. Maybe ask around in your community or check with Auntie Google. I hope you feel comfortable to go and celebrate sober and proud. Memories made sober are memories remembered forever. Happy Pride!!! :rainbow::rainbow::star_struck::hearts:

2 Likes

Happy Pride Month!! I’m a cisgender ally. 8 just left a party with lots of alcohol. I brought a big travel mug of water with me and excused myself early to leave. Now in fairness, I did start to feel ill, but my husband and I had already talked about an exit plan for when the drinking kicked into high gear.

Good luck and stay strong! :rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag:

3 Likes

I’m going to be in my first pride parade on June 16!

3 Likes

Word. In Syracuse? Please take pictures. Here are a few food pics from the party:

The rainbow pancakes were light and fluffy!

4 Likes

Yeah, come on out if you can. I’m considering going in drag lol

2 Likes

Um, yes please!! That would be fucking delightful!

3 Likes

Hey there. I think going to a parade is a great idea! Ive never been, being gay myself, but id love to go! Maybe take a sober buddy with you. Take someone who is also sober or whom wont drink around you. Can enjoy an event sober!
Make sure.you drive, so you have a.way out ifnyou get the urge and nees to leave.
Have fun and enjoy yourself.

3 Likes

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! I’m gay and proud of it! This is my first time going to the Pride parade sober. My pass to years were crazy and nearly got me arrested from the booze and high life. I was up to debate about going to but my sponsor made a great point. Why not go! Sobriety doesn’t mean stop having a good time and make memories! Go out and have a blast! At least that’s my plan! My friends and I are making exit plans for when things are getting out of hand. I’m supplying myself with a lot of water and other non alcoholic beverages plus food and treats to keep me busy.
We should be proud about being sober and celebrating who we are! This is just another special month in our sober journey. Don’t hold back go have fun!

5 Likes

I’m bisexual with my first serious, long term relationship being with a woman when I was in college. 5 years, she was an alcoholic, I had issues with depression and anxiety, not a good combo. My first pride, in 2010, I attended I was sober because I was just starting new depression meds and didn’t know how alcohol would interact. It actually wasn’t that difficult because of all of the stuff going on around you. You’re having a great time anyway you don’t care you’re not drinking! At least for me, that’s how it was. I’m sure you’ll do great!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for all these threads! Yay!

1 Like

Loving all of the comments here. I’m starting to get more in the mentality that yes, it is possible to have a good time at pride without drinking. My sister even agreed to be my sober buddy! Now to purchase the $30 ticket…grrr lol

1 Like