What are your plans for today?

7 Likes

My plans for today…
*Work
*Go to a noon meeting on my lunch break
*Text friends and annoy them :smile:
*Dinner and maybe a movie at home
*Give myself a pedicure
*Lounge around in my pajamas and do something I enjoy (read, paint, journal)

4 Likes

Happy Saturday.

Today I’ve committed to working out and to try and shed some of the sober poundage I’ve picked up the last few weeks… wtheck man?! lol

I also plan to meditate and recharge as tomorrow we are having people over for a ‘cocktail party’ and bonfire. I’ve ALMOST managed to make it through the month with no social commitments… nothing gives me more anxiety than entertaining… oh well, today I’m just going to enjoy today

4 Likes

Haven’t been to that one. It’s off the beaten path and we couldn’t park our truck there

1 Like

I’m driving kids around to activities. Blech. Then it’s home for laundry. Double blech. But I’m still on a GREAT mood.

1 Like

HI :wave:. I had a very enjoyable Friday night. Went to see a movie with my wife, then met our daughter for dinner - actually at a place called Brewhouse! I ordered an 8oz draft beer …then slid it over to my daughter, she wanted a small one. Ok maybe not the best influence, but she’s 18, has a 99 gpa, and no boyfriend thankfully :sweat_smile: So I indulge her now and then. The bar is what’s called a “gastropub” - basically means a bar with better food and variety. If you have to go to a bar, I recommend these because the focus is also on the food, and they have NA alternative drinks. Happy sober Saturday!

Day 58! Sober Saturday and many more.

1 Like

day 140 quite chuffed with myself. Still think about booze but not in a craving way. Raining here so maybe just laze around

Day 1, terrified. My body is aching from my non sober Saturday. Hit an all time low this morning and found this app. Hopefully brighter things to come :blush:

1 Like

@Laura welcome, you’ve come to the right place to begin your journey. Here’s some great links for just about anything you may be facing. Knowledge is powerful and so is this amazing group of people who understand what you’re going through.

1 Like

Day 12 and not looking back … Saturday ran errands then made a nice dinner and watched Netflix … it’s amazing when my focus is to enjoy my NEW schedule that doesn’t revolve around drinking that I feel so free … normally if I’d run into someone I knew while out I would always have a time in the back of my head that I had to be home so I could drink … my mind has shaken those thoughts … one day at a time … thank you group … I reset 9 times before something finally gave … I know 12 days isn’t a lot but it’s a lot to me … SMILE

3 Likes

@Angela_Losch_Ferenc don’t sell your sobriety days short. 12 days is meaningful. Congrats!

We’re having an “Oscar Party” tonight. My (adult) daughter planned it. No alcohol, but lots of good stuff. Guac (I just made :slight_smile:), chips and onion dip, sodas and teas, cookies, and we’ll order pizza with toppings later. It should be really fun!

1 Like

Thank you @Melrm just starting Day 2 and my body feels like it’s been in a boxing ring. I know it is not last forever but :tired_face:

1 Like

@Laura yes, the first week can be rough but hang in there. Your body and mind is starting to repair itself. It does get easier over time, as others will tell you. Keep coming back and posting, take care of yourself, and ask for help.

1 Like