Hello. New to this. 5 sober

How do I get by Friday night sober at a champagne party ???

2 Likes

Can you order something else besides champagne? Do you have to go to this event?

How do you stay sober at a “champagne party?”

Jeebus. Bring a drink (bottle of pop in your purse?) or find out beforehand what n/a options they’ll have.

2 Likes

Don’t go because your sick from drinking on Thirsty Thursday? Bad joke, Otter; put my sarcastic hat on…

1. Bring your own bottle of non-alcoholic champagne. People get so tipsy that can’t even tell your not drinking.

2. just tell people you don’t feel well, and have a non alcoholic beverage.

3. Just tell people you decide to live a healthy lifestyle.

4. you got a big day tomorrow " insert" (some lame excuse)

5. Don’t go?

I’ll stop, i get quick witted and diabolical when I hit my 6AF day.

2 Likes

I can also think of 100 reasons to tell people I’m not drinking… antibiotics, early wake up next morning, sick baby… i was more thinking ok how do I wire my addictive side to not want it and not let the devil convince me to “just have one”

So, you just want to drink 1?

Oops misread sry :relieved:. Are you going with someone? If so tell them, if you see a glass in my hand take it. You have my permission right now. (That’s like the net around the trampoline) preventive measures :nauseated_face:

Wire part, is more difficult. Read this like 3 or 4 times. I hope it helps!
https://www.google.com/amp/m.wikihow.com/Quit-Drinking-without-Alcoholics-Anonymous%3Famp%3D1?client=safari

1 Like

I woud recommend not going. I know it sucks, but it is to protect yourself. Further down the road you can pick up these types of activities and learn how to enjoy them sober.

2 Likes

No … def not but I’m sure it will cross my mind and my addiction side will consider. But I won’t and tomorrow will be day 7

@Shattered_dreams I already posted your link on…

Different Aspects of Recovery

1 Like

Thanks! Still learning some of the tools of the app. :slight_smile:

Don’t want people to miss possible valuable information.

1 Like