Hi everyone, I'm new here

This morning as I was walking my dog I reflected on how supportive everyone is in this community and how proud I am to be a part of such an amazing community.

I think that there are a lot of people out there that have unacknowledged addictions that they are to afraid of to address. But here we are! No matter how many times the app gets reset, we are doing better then the vast majority. Because we are acknowledging where we are at today and trying to do our best everyday, even when we mess up.

5 Likes

So Iā€™m on Day 12 and finally finding energy, although getting out of bed in the morning is tough. My first 10 days of being sober was really tough, I had no energy! I also had night sweats for the first few days. I found out that drinking a ton of water and resting at every opportunity I had helped immensely. The important thing is that you take care of yourself and you treat yourself kindly. I akin new sobriety to having major surgery, the body needs time to rest and heal.

Congratulations on this journey!

3 Likes

Welcome. I didnā€™t have withdrawals so I canā€™t help you there but what has helped me with my stress and anxiety has been working out (endorphins kick ass) and gardening (when I need calming).

I recommend finding some activities to occupy your down time and use this app to ā€œtalk outā€ your issues. People here have been great!

3 Likes

I am on day 12 not drinking and first 5 days hardest hardly slept anxiety so bad, cried randomly! I felt like a mess,(still do some days) but using this app and seeing I wasnā€™t alone and journaling helped.

I am glad I stuck it out still have cravings and minimal anxiety.
But waking up every morning with not hangover or regrets make it worth continuing!! Just hang in there for a bit :smile:

3 Likes

I am on day 3 today and I found sleep the hardest. I tried melatonin and tea last night and made it to bed at a decent time, it seemed to help a lot. When I was drinking I wouldnā€™t get to bed on a Friday until at least 1am.
Today is a new day!

5 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m 4 months and 4 days into my sobriety. What really helped for me in the beginning, and now, is Andrew Johnsonā€™s hypnotism app. I play it every night when Iā€™m laying in bed and Iā€™m usually asleep by the time the session is completeā€¦ About 30 minutes. Google it. Andrew Johnson Quit Drinking

2 Likes

I did a 8hr sleep hypnosis quit drinking from YouTube 7 nights straight. Not one desire to drink, since.

2 Likes

Hi! I went through the same thing for a couple of weeks. You might sweat a lot at night and feel a little nausea. Best thing is to eat as healthy as possible! Drink a lot of water and add sea salt for electrolytes, and drink lemon water to help with the detox. Make phone calls to local aa for support and if you can, make it to meetings. There will be people there to support you as theyā€™ve been through the same! Also have some sort of healthy sugar candy on hand, you will get cravings to replace the sugar that you had in your body from the alcohol. But donā€™t go crazy! Take hot epsom salt baths ( for about 20-40 minutes in morning or night), and do deep breathing to help with the anxiety, yoga is even better, or any light excerisze to get energy moving through out your body. And reach out if you have any questions or need someone to listen! I am around! Xo

2 Likes