How is your sobriety going?

I’ve been completely sober 12 days!!! how about you??
you all help me so much! thank you all for helping me…

9 Likes

@cflbush That’s awesome! :smile: I’m currently at 25 days! Life is wonderful & beautiful! I’m leaving my 2 jobs for a better job opportunity I was offered recently! God has been amazing to me! Good job, keep up the hard work! Together we can do it! Blessings to you! :smile::smile::smile::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::v::v::v:

6 Likes

It’s been rough. 5 days total sober and today begins my 100th time quitting cigs, so needless to say anxiety is through the roof. Hope everyone else’s is going a bit better than mine!

1 Like

Really itchingnow, getting restless by the minute. Weekend approaches fast.

1 Like

The weekend is a period of two days where you have increased freedom. Increased freedom to make the right choice for yourself.

8 Likes

Today is day 73 for me , after many episodes of sadness for no reason , strange dreams and sleepless nights I’m feeling very stable and have no more fear of falling
Be prosperous .

7 Likes

I have a tough time on the weekends as well. I started gaming more to keep busy in the evening.

Just made my first week! Hasn’t been all sunshine and chocolate unicorns but I got no regrets. I get the craving here and there as anticipated but I don’t miss drinking, if that makes sense. Feeling powerful, I’m ready to give this my all! It’s only up from here :slight_smile: sleep is wonky still mood swings getting a little better

8 Likes

4 days, 16h, 47m clean. This app and the people are great! Motivates me so much and love reading everyone comments and stories. Have a good weekend everyone.

9 Likes

3 days no alcohol or pot
10 days no drugs
13 days no drugs for my hubby who I’m so greatful for and proud of.
Were moving into our own place September 2 so were cleaning up for a new start!
So greatful today!

12 Likes

@cflbush today just broke 7 days for me… I never thought of myself as an alcoholic… to this day I can’t even say it… what I can say is that i have a definite problem with alcohol… before it would seem like once every couple weeks I would go out… and when I did I got crazy drunk… but as of the last 2 years it started being more and more till it became Sunday night to celebrate my day off coming on monday… Monday to celebrate having a day off… Tuesday bc my friends had the day off… Thursday bc my other friends were off and sometimes on a Friday or Saturday before I went to work… I started to be more drunk than sober… my surroundings say to me aw it is ok just have a couple beers… you don’t have to quit… but I know 1 beer turns into 3 which turns into 6 which later turns into 13… then I would go into a fit of rage over something stupid and alienate all of my friends… time for a change… also today is day 49 of not smoking… and now 7 days no drinking… let’s do it!

7 Likes

Good… waking up this last Wednesday was weird and refreshing to not have a hangover and to feel well rested and to not feel like I’m dying of thirst… it made me feel proud and excited to continue being sober

6 Likes

One of the many things I learned through my alcoholism is that it gets worst over time if I don’t put a stop to it. Hope everyone has a safe & sober weekend! :smile::smile::smile:

5 Likes

Agreed two years ago I got sober and felt like I had a direction. This time around its hard to find hope and I know it’s just cause I let the booz control me again. Can’t give up because of the mistakes of the past. Stay strong everyone!

2 Likes

Well done you x I am thirty days sober, I feel great and I am still going to meetings regularly, keep it up, :clap::muscle::grinning:

2 Likes

I started to try to get sober about 3 weeks ago. Then I started a downward spiral again. I was even drinking by myself (and I live in my mother’s basement, don’t judge). I always told myself I would never be “that person.” I hit my brick wall pretty hard this time, the reality set in and I had hurt myself fairly badly. I am back at it again and am glad to have this support available. Only 3 days sober, but that’s a win in my book.

3 Likes

Thank you, I know I am going to keep trying. I like how I can go on this forum for support. People like you help make me think I can maybe do this.

1 Like

@Volatile

I feel the same way at times…loneliness can be a hell all on to its own, just don’t try and fill that void with bad company.
And i know that weak feeling of wanting to end it all as well…to be honest I’d have done it years ago if my brother didn’t do it first. My experience from that taught me just how bad you hurt the ones you leave behind, no matter how bad I’m hurting in life i could never do that to anyone who cares about me. Whether you realize it or not you do have people who care about you!
Stay strong!!

5 Likes

Day 16: Steady work. Just passed 4.30 PM now, that means the liquer store is closed and just another 1.5 hours till deadline for beer shopping. Yes, sometimes government enforcement is ok :stuck_out_tongue:
Getting a bit edgy since I’ve only stepped outside to go to work the last 2 weeks, will be interesting to see if I can stay away from the stores next weekend when my kids are with me and I have to actually be out in public… Yes, anxiety, but onwards and upwards!

4 Likes

@Ozdownunder Yeah, we’ve “always” had a strict policy on drugs and alcohol, not sure if it’s ever been liberal.And we still exist as a country!! No revolutions or anarchy. I feel for you, at least they don’t sell hard spirits in our groceries!

@Oliverjava When we know how many people succumb to alcohol, it’s ridiculous that it’s so available, yes. We have pretty strict rules here in Norway, I can’t really see any downside to it. I mean, if you really want to get your hands on alcohol, you can always hoard. But the restrictions do help lower the risk of alcohol-related problems I believe.

4 Likes