How is your sobriety going?

A measly 2 days!!! I’m having something to eat and binge watching friends!! All things must pass and I am holding on to that :muscle::muscle:

1 Like

2 days is better then zero!
lol I’ve binged so much netflix and hulu i think thats my new addiction.
Whatcha munchin on?

I just made myself a massive plate of potato wedges chicken strips and onion rings!!! That should shut me up for a while!!!

4 Likes

That just made me seriously hungry!!
Enjoy! :grinning:

2 Likes

Haha! Made me hungry too! :slight_smile:

Morning to all! At least for me, 7:30 AM here. Lying in bed, not going to work today. Soon to be day 22, but I think I’ll quit focusing on days coz it’s like watching the water boil; takes forever. Kinda sad I guess, at which point I would normally drink. Or maybe I’m sad coz I really miss it. Just wanted to vent a bit, hope everyone has a great day/night!

4 Likes

Hang in there @Fubar84 , you’re doing great!

@Fubar84 Sometimes focusing on the numbers can be disheartening but 22 days is amazing!! Wishing you strength and love :muscle::heart: Do you have anything planned today?

Hi, stay strong fubar, some days are better than others, well done you on 22 days, keep it up. Your not long off a month woohoooo, I’m almost 36 days now, keep up the good work and keep your day simple x

1 Like

Thanks @Suez and @Anthony! Will definitely make it :grin::grin:

Cheers @BloodyMary, no big plans this weekend, how bout you? Do have my kids this weekend so I’ll be focused on them. Probably go hiking and playing around, nothing major.

1 Like

@Fubar84
"dont count the days make the days count" :slight_smile:
your doing great…keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Depressed now because I cracked under pressure and drank yesterday. …and now I am hung over… it definitely was not worth it… I was at 13 days sober… now back to day one

@Richelle
hangovers suck…especially those kind :frowning:
is it something you can learn from?
was it a certain thing that brought you to that point?
you always have today to start over and by coming here it makes me believe that might be exactly what you want to do?

We are here for you no matter what!

Oh that sounds nice! No plans for me except gym tomorrow morning and then breakfast with my gym buddy!

Well its Friday and I woke up with a big fat paycheck ready to spend money. I wanted to buy alcohol SOOO badly before work but I talked to my boyfriend through it even sent him a pic of the tall boys I was drooling over at the gas station. And he just said “please don’t”. So I bought 2 giant energy drinks and a colassel protein bar. I still have the whole day to make it thru but I’m safe at work for now and I feel proud. Anxious but proud. I said to myself just do the opposite of what you want to.
One of my addictions is energy drinks as well but today’s reading was focusing on first things first and right now having my caffeine is distracting me from drinking and drugs so I’m not gonna be to hard on myself right now.
Cheers to day 4 sober and day 17 drug free

6 Likes

So, it’s Friday night… historically a day when I’d wander into town, meet a few mates and stagger back, totally unaware of the chaos I’d caused and the apologies I’d be making over the course of the next few days (assuming I sobered up long enough over the weekend to give a damn)!
That was then… this is today; what do I do instead? I’m off to my regular Friday night AA meeting tonight. That’s one way for this recovering alcoholic to avoid a drink on a Friday night!
I’d like to say, in answer to the topic question: “How is your sobriety going?” that it’s going pretty well… but I ain’t gonna be that complacent. My sobriety is ok today, just for today, and one day at a time.
Stay strong Forum buddies! You can do this…
:pray:

4 Likes

That’s what I was hoping @Oliverjava, offering inspiration to those that are still struggling. Hey, you all inspire me with your sheer determination to get clean and sober… so we can inspire each other…
Happy weekend everyone!
:pray:

2 Likes

Hi all!

This is my day 25. I feel so proud of me!!! :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands: only twice I felt with the necessity to drink… it is related with party and some kind of music… I am traveling right now aND I should be in bar drinking some beer trying to know somebody, sometimes I feel like I missing something because I am in a rented apartment besides to be enjoying the city… anyways… is just one night and the city will be in the same place tomorrow…

Bye!

2 Likes

It’s a great your back though, it’s hard so don’t beat yourself up, stay busy, focus on today and what you can do,bath,rest, walk, whatever, just try to be kind to yourself xxx

1 Like

A week ago today i failed and at this time in the day i was well on my way to an oblivious drunken stupor. I feel on track today even tho the desire is there. Keeping my wits about me and staying focused. I used to check off the calendar my sober days and mark the days i failed in red. It helped a bit but i like the time line this app gives. I look at it and tell myself: 1 more day, 12 more hours, 6 more hours…GOAL REACHED! Then I feel good about myself and that helps. Hope are are doing well.

3 Likes