How is your sobriety going?

My boyfriend ( who is slightly insensitive to the fact I’m trying to recover) was drinking homemade shine last night. 146 proof. And smoking weed. Now I don’t mind that he smokes pot and he’s not an alcoholic but we’ve talked before about how he’s not going to be bringing alcohol into our new apartment or drinking around me or he’s out. Anyway I went down and got a glass of water and put it next to his moonshine glass and was playing on my phone. I reached over and took a sip and it was his glass and immediately spit it out. I paused for a minute thinking maybe I should just blow it…but instead I continued to spit until it was off my tounge and drank my water. It felt good to know I didn’t need to drink. I was surprised and proud of
myself for spitting it out. He proceeded to throw up in the trash can which I kind of was like well that’s why I don’t drink…anyway day 5

10 Likes

@Ash That’s really awesome for you! I’m really proud of you for your mindset & determination! Keep up the hard work! You got this! :smile::smile::smile::clap::clap::clap::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::muscle::muscle::muscle::blush::blush::blush::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::v::v::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

2 Likes

Well dobe @Ash… you will feel so awesome in the morning… oh, your partner won’t tho :joy:

3 Likes

Wow that is brilliant hun x you will be so much stronger for this, I to have a no alcohol rule in my house, I am too early in sobriety to risk it, I am 36 days sober, he will be sorry tomorrow when a rock band is playing in his head​:joy::joy::joy::joy:,you on the other hand will be punching air at how well you are doing :facepunch::clap::clap::clap::muscle::muscle::muscle::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your words it really makes a difference to have positive re-enforcements.

2 Likes

@Ash this is brilliant! You were incredibly strong and you should feel very proud!! Such an inspiration! Not sure what time it is where you are but I’d be tempted to start vacuuming quite early!! So proud of you :heart::muscle::heart::muscle::sun_with_face::sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Great job @Ash! That’s a very tough spot to be in.
Im 7 days without a drink! Feel so much better than i did last Sunday. Boo yaa! :trophy:

1 Like

You guys comments all make me smile thank you so much for the encouragement and support! It makes the struggle worth it.
You all rock!!

1 Like

Great job, I barely am going on 13 hours
Guess you hafta start somewhere, keep up the great work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s right @raylvzthea, we all start somewhere. Shoot for 24 hours, then take it day by day. The first 4 or 5 days were hardest for me. I’m on Day 9 now and feeling great. Just hang in there and you’ll feel some awesome things happening. Stay strong buddy.

2 Likes

Wow what a small world, you have the same name as my ez drinking buddy lol, and yes its gonna be a struggle but I appreciate your kind words :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha @raylvzthea well now this Anthony can be your sobriety buddy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi all !!! Back from my trip and back online. Had some issues with my account so just fixing the issues now… stay strong !!!

2 Likes

clean for 14 days & hours. Thursday is payday… got to get through this. things are starting to get pretty though…

1 Like

Day 15 of not drinking after 9+ years. It has been a very rough ride.and aas in hospital all day yesterday. These tremors are killing me… i am on torment

2 Likes

4 AA meetings in the last 5 days -
Thursday: Kidderminster
Friday: Halesowen
Sunday: Worcester
Monday (today): Bromsgrove (followed by a celebratory curry for someone’s 12-month sobriety birthday)
and tomorrow - Tuesday: Droitwich
[all in south Birmingham area of the UK]
If anyone is struggling with their sobriety, try going to an AA meeting (or similar related XA fellowship for the addiction from which you suffer). You never know; you might actually stay an extra 24-hours sober because of it!
:pray:t3:

1 Like

@Zeus Hang in there! I think your doing awesome!

@Zeus, huge respect for staying strong. tremors are the worst, letting alone having them for 2 weeks straight.

I’m on day 8 and finally sweatfree when I’m sleeping. It’s such a relieve.

@zeus WOW you are doing so well my man. I just got to day 12. Keep going you are doing really well…

Today is day 8 no alcohol and 3weeks no drugs or ciggs!! I feel ok, but still not going to enough meetings. I’ve been drinking caffeine and the sugar craving hit hard yesterday. I’ve also smoke pot like once a week but I’m almost ready to give that up too, its just making me feel paranoid.
Anyway I’m proud of my achievements so far. Its getting a tiny bit easier

4 Likes