I am taking my life back

There is no reason for me anymore to relapse. I can’t afford a relapse anymore.

I’ll stay sober for life starting today.

Wish me luck. I love you all.

9 Likes

You can do this. Maybe write your big why’s and read it when you are tempted.

1 Like

SOoooooooooooo much love and support to you!!! I too am making that decision. I dont want to ever relapse again!!! please we can do it together!!

2 Likes

I finished my first day successfully. Thank you people for all the support.

2 Likes

Awesome!! I learned this in class and will share…write 2 lists 1st called “addiction slop” and 2nd “recovery stew” think of it like a recipe. In addiction slop put what addiction did or took away and recovery stew put what recovery will bring and anytime you feel that urge read those lists!!!

3 Likes

Im going to try that myself right now !! Im only day 5 so ill take all the advise i can get!

2 Likes

You can do it day 1,2,3 are the hardest but we are here for you!!! just get past the tuff stuff!

1 Like

Thank you. I like your support.

I relapsed again. I just want forgiveness from God.

Don’t ask for forgiveness,…forgive yourself.

Allow yourself to grow, to learn, to fall and then pick up yourself.

It’s your journey.

Analyse why you relapsed, what you will do when the situation is the same, what your action(s) will be.

Decide

But don’t decide to meet goals you are not able to accomplish
When you do, and you fail, your insecurity will grow.

Allow your self worth to grow by setting goals you can make! And when you do; it feels so great!!!

I set my -non alcohol period- on 1 month, it was harder then i thought, drinking started to be a habbit.
Today i’m 39 days sober. I set my goal futher in time and feel confident that i will reach it. But after the confirmation that i reached my first goal!:blush:.

Be realistic; set your first goal, a goal you CAN reach and expand.

I’m a manager with a lot of empoyees, i speak openly about not drinking to them, my friends and family. It helps me, to hear myself repeat my goals but most of all; my victorys!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. I will get a second chance at life from God.