I did it! Sober wedding!

So I’ve just managed my first wedding sober! Not only was it a wedding but I was a bridesmaid, there was alcohol flowing from 10am but I didn’t touch a drop so feeling so proud right now. The best thing was I didn’t even feel like I needed it. I used to be the wedding guest who would be staggering around, talking rubbish, making an idiot of myself before passing out somewhere, but this time I still talked rubbish to people & danced til my feet hurt but instead remember it all and didn’t have the horrendous hangover the next day! I feel on top of the world right now, if not a little sore from dancing!

8 Likes

That’s awesome! I have another wedding coming up in June in which this time I’ll be the maid of honor. My first wedding was incredibly hard sober, but it sounds like you did just fine and didn’t even want to touch the stuff. Great job!

2 Likes

Good job @Noo

1 Like

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Sounds like a brilliant day and you actually enjoyed. And isn’t it a great feeling? We don’t need booze, it offers zero. Well done you. And feel proud.

2 Likes

Yay well done your staying sober! I remember dancing sober for the first time in years, it was amazing… I wasn’t tripping over myself for a change :slight_smile:

1 Like