I got through my company party

I was worried about avoiding the topic of alcohol and I was worried about people asking why I wasn’t drinking or offering to get me drinks.

I went to the bathroom with a can of beer, poured out the entire can (didn’t even take a sip), and then filled it with water. It might be weird but I’m still 69 days sober and no one bugged me. It was wonderful. :grin:

10 Likes

My company party is this coming Thursday and I am having anxiety about the not drinking. I keep thinking maybe I’ll order cranberry and soda so it looks like I’m drinking… either way I’m good with not having the drinks but I’m worried about being questioned :no_mouth:

1 Like

Im happy for you @TexasLady you did it great :slight_smile:

Ive found that most people especially those drinking dont really notice you arent drinking until they try to buy you a drink or a shot then its whoa hold on lol. I usually tell them I gotta drive and they leave me alone. If they are still pushy it just makes them look bad at that point.

2 Likes

What a great idea…think I’ll keep that in mind for the future. Well donr

2 Likes

That’s exactly how I felt. This really helped reduced my anxiety. It was perfect because when someone offered a drink I told them I already had one and that was it. No pressure. No questions. Nothing except me maintaining my sobriety.

1 Like

I told our sitter we would be back by an earlier time than we would normally come home. I plan to be the driver and let my husband have a little fun for once. It’s a very fancy place so I’m looking forward to all the food and their delicious coffee! If I’m feeling pressured I’ll order a soda water and cranberry so it looks like a cocktail :wink:

1 Like

I’d beat…