I think it's getting harder

Hi All,

I have given up smoking and casual drugs( not all.at once). Drink for 16 days … but lately the drink is kicking my bum.

I know I have not hit rock bottom yet so using that as an opportunity to continue. I think that’s the truth of the situation.

That’s not what I joined this app and I thought I had this. Clearly I need a few pointers

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile: Don’t listen to that bottle! It tells you bunch of lies…“Hey Nick, come and get me, you know I’m not good for you but I’m not THAT bad YET” Listen to your gut man, you know there is a problem hence you stopped drinking for a while; I never had a ‘rock bottom’ either (whatever that is), but I know drinking doesn’t enhance my life in any way, it only brings next day regrets, night sweats and shit mood. If that was a specific food giving you tough time such as cheese sensitivities or gluten, you would cut it out (might struggle but it would be far less painful). It’s difficult to cut alco out completely because we are addicted to it emotionally (if not physically) more than we give ourselves credit for. You got this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Nick you don’t have to hit rock bottom to quit. You stop when it’s right for you, when the pain is enough.

Different Aspects of Recovery

2 Likes