Ideas of drinks or recipes to try instead of alcohol?

I seem to have replaced alcohol with coffee and was wondering if anyone else has a replacement or ideas of what to substitute. Also, I love cooking and use that as a distraction when I’m home because home is ALWAYS where I would drink.

I find myself mainly drinking what I did besides alcohol: coffee, water and club soda (sometimes with some slices of lime/lemon). The things I have added are juices/smoothies but I really don’t want to drink too much of this a day, and tea. I find it nice to try out different flavours of tea, I have always loved it but ended up grabbing a glass of wine or a beer instead of tea all the time, so now I can finally enjoy all of these lovely flavours I have collected! Been thinking of trying out some non-alcoholic cocktail recipes (never really get why they have to be called non-alcoholic, they are mostly nice fresh fruity drinks) but I don’t wanna go all overboard with my sugar intake.

Ginger beer with cranberry juice is really good! I order that if I’m out at a restaurant and want something different other than soda tea or water.

2 Likes

I drink close to a pot of coffee a day and make a gallon of iced tea just about every other, I’ve always been a caffeine drinker but if I don’t find a replacement for the amount of coffee I’m drinking I’m probably gonna have a heart attack!

1 Like

*Coconut water and add chia seeds. It’s a fun different treat and good for you. Also *mineral water with adding real fresh(juiced) ginger… it has bite to it🔥
I like spicy so I like to make a large water bottle really ice cold freeze half way. I add lots and lots of fresh lemon(so it tastes lie lemonade) add maple syrup and cayenne pepper. Shake it up. (Keep adding until you get the flavor. But I add a good amount of all ingredients, so it’s sweet and spicy. (It’s actually a cleanse drink if you have ever followed the " lemonade diet"? But it’s so good and different

1 Like

I love coffee too! I enjoy buying unique bottles of coffee and there are soooo many out there now. Alot of them are types of cold brews which is pretty strong but I love it.Also try kombuchas and different types of tea.

Check out mocktails on Pinterest. I have realized for myself that to kick the alcohol addiction I need a fancy drink or two after work. So one night I did virgin strawberry daiquiris, one night milky way martinis. Some nights it’s a fancy soda in a champagne glass.

2 Likes

I am also a La Croix fan…mostly the lemon and lime flavors…the other flavors are too much for me. When I go out, I love a Shirley Temple, especially with lots of cherries. I have become a Shirley Temple connoisseur…or reverted into a toddler…maybe both. :hugs:

Sounds like you have a serious caffeine thing going, that can be a rough one. I remember ditching the caffeine years ago (I chugged coffee all day), now I am super sensitive to caffeine.

Maybe start with substituting some decaf in your teas. Juicing and smoothies are pretty awesome if you have time …and something to get you back in the kitchen, but different from your old routine. Baby steps.

Pinterest has tons of smoothies and juicing recipes as well. I am also a huge fan of homemade energy balls and bars…again, you need time and some $ for them, but worth it for me as they give me a nice healthy boost and get me doing different things in the kitchen not attached to drinking.

There are some neat coffee based smoothies…could try with decaf. :grinning:

Bundaberg,pineapple and coconut softdrink.