I'm tired of making a fool out of myself

This is my first day (post) here… I am making it sometimes 2 weeks in a row alcohol free…( And seeing healthy benefits in such a short time) but CANNOT DO IT BY MYSELF… I don’t have anyone in my life I can trust or talk to about it without blabbing all my business to everyone. Maybe it’s just my perception of them but I need anonymity for a while…just to get a grip. Thanks for listening :relieved:

8 Likes

Today is my second day in and so far i like this app

2 Likes

Welcome. You are in a healthy and healing place. With the right mindset you will great! Your story sounds like me…33 days ago.

I had enough too. Survived my first weekend sober in a long long time. I feel optimistic because I joined this forum. Old me would’ve been in denial. The fact that we are here is a great thing! Let’s do this!

1 Like

This is why I started once in a while I get out of control violent embarrassing behavior out of no where and I don’t want to hurt the people I love it kills me rips me up inside

1 Like

Hang in there. There are many great folks here for good advice. You are doing the right thing!

Day One for me here - I 'm certainly tired of making a fool of myself, 59 years of age.

3 Likes

A very old thread, but a time honored tradition of people who drink too much…the agony of being the fool again.

Let go of that version of your self…and discover who you are without the mind and emotional numbing of alcohol. It is so worth it.

6 Likes

Hi karen hope it goes well, i myself have joined today for similar reasons

It’s my first day on here & trying to sober up. I feel the same way as you, stay focused and we all will get through this :muscle:t5::muscle:t5:

2 Likes

I myself am done with drugs and need accountability each day from this moment forward.

1 Like

Maybe check in a couple of times a day in the checking in daily thread? :slightly_smiling_face:

Them bank fees are no joke…so im switching to Chime. Lol! 2 weeks sounds amazing and your right we are in control and I choose more $$$$.