Introduce Yourself

Hey, I’m Jonathan, I’ve been drinking everyday for years. I had big problems with opiates and cocaine but managed to stop using 6 years ago. Lately my drinking has been become more serious. I think I’ve reached a point where I need to stop. Never in my adult life have I not had alcohol to lean on and I’m scared of getting past the first week let alone any long term sobriety. I really need to do this though. I need to get my life together, it’s amazing the hole you can dig yourself into when your constantly avoiding everything in life with your head in a bottle. Anyway idk where I’m going with this. Just saying hi

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community! You have lots of support here.

Just use us for any support you need! 1,000s of years of life lessons! Just tell us what you need. Read all the forums you can. Educate, awareness and learning discipline. That’s a good start. 1st 5-12 days are the hardest depending on how often and amount you drink.

2 Likes

Well hello there @Skeptic welcome

Welcome @Skeptic!

Hello, this is my 1st day on this site and I have to say it is pretty neat. To be social with people who are working on bettering their lives. Just what I need.

Growing up my mother was always a alcoholic and I said I would never be like her but here I am battling the same addiction. I just want to be better. Last night was not nearly one of my worse nights but I don’t want to see a worse or anymore drunk nights.

4 Likes

Here ya go @Godwilling18

Different Aspects of Recovery

Hi, new to everything here! I’m in my upper 30s with a young family and busy career. Need to step away from the vino to be more present, be a better person, do hobbies I enjoy again and take care of my health. I’m a bit reserved so may not share all that much but know that I’m wishing all the best and encouraged to be a part of this community! I’ve been hesitant to reach out for help in a more public setting so this is a good place to start for me! -Samantha

8 Likes

Thank you @Melrm :slight_smile:

Welcome! Share as much or as little as you want. This place is great for support and every one has been super fantastic. Good luck on your journey!

2 Likes

Wow, so many new people have arrived here since I joined, I couldn’t even name you all!

I just wanted to say a big WELCOME to every one of you.

Happy Sober Day friends! :star2: :star2:

8 Likes

Welcome, @Samme. Your story sounds familiar ( though I am much older). One day at a time. We can do it.

Hi all I’m jen I’m 33 and I’m on day 4 I’ve had a problem with alcohol as far back as I can remember and although there has been times in my life where I would drank daily to the excess and wake up and start again I’m thankfully past all that now…my problem now is binge drinking I can just not drink for even a couple weeks then I’ll have a can or two and I think I can handle that and then before I know it I’m black out drunk and having to wake up to the aftermath of what drunk me does and it has to stop so now I have finally accepted I can’t drink at all ever…not even one…I’ve been reading up on some posts and I’m finding it really helpful in understanding myself reading other people’s stories and realising I’m not crazy it’s just the alcohol

3 Likes

Welcome @Jen_lou

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

You’re far from crazy @Jen_lou, about as far from crazy as you can get!
Just keep in mind (but don’t punish yourself) about all those awful ‘mornings after’ once the drunk voice turns up (as it will) and starts reassuring you ‘it’s fine to drink, you’ve worked things out now, what harm can one do?’ All that crap.
Build on that 4 days and get to the next hurdle Jen, 7days!

2 Likes

Thanks Charles I’m determined to this time…I can’t listen to that voice anymore that’s for sure …it’s always a trick

1 Like

And if you start to get cravings or the drunk voice’s getting a bit loud just pop back to the forum @Jen_lou. There’ll always be someone to chat to or give you some inspiration.

1 Like

Welcome @Jen_lou and others! Anyone in early recovery check out this new thread…

2 Likes

Hey guys my Name is Jesse. I’m 26 and have been drinking very heavily since I was 20. I’m 44 days sober today after many failed attempts at stopping. I’m not really sure what else to say I just wanted to say the app and forum help me a lot daily with keeping focused and I appreciate all of you who reach out to people in need. Listening to others experiences has been crucial in me getting this far and even though it’s only been 44 days I feel very accomplished and optimistic about the future.

5 Likes

Hi @Peachonghorn and welcome. I’m starting to realize just how many young people are out here with alcohol problems. (my own son is 20 - luckily he’s not addicted to anything yet.) It’s very sad. The good news is that you all have a long sober life to look forward to! Not as much for me in my 50’s. Don’t waste any more time please.

1 Like