Introduce Yourself

Welcome @Jen_lou

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

You’re far from crazy @Jen_lou, about as far from crazy as you can get!
Just keep in mind (but don’t punish yourself) about all those awful ‘mornings after’ once the drunk voice turns up (as it will) and starts reassuring you ‘it’s fine to drink, you’ve worked things out now, what harm can one do?’ All that crap.
Build on that 4 days and get to the next hurdle Jen, 7days!

2 Likes

Thanks Charles I’m determined to this time…I can’t listen to that voice anymore that’s for sure …it’s always a trick

1 Like

And if you start to get cravings or the drunk voice’s getting a bit loud just pop back to the forum @Jen_lou. There’ll always be someone to chat to or give you some inspiration.

1 Like

Welcome @Jen_lou and others! Anyone in early recovery check out this new thread…

2 Likes

Hey guys my Name is Jesse. I’m 26 and have been drinking very heavily since I was 20. I’m 44 days sober today after many failed attempts at stopping. I’m not really sure what else to say I just wanted to say the app and forum help me a lot daily with keeping focused and I appreciate all of you who reach out to people in need. Listening to others experiences has been crucial in me getting this far and even though it’s only been 44 days I feel very accomplished and optimistic about the future.

5 Likes

Hi @Peachonghorn and welcome. I’m starting to realize just how many young people are out here with alcohol problems. (my own son is 20 - luckily he’s not addicted to anything yet.) It’s very sad. The good news is that you all have a long sober life to look forward to! Not as much for me in my 50’s. Don’t waste any more time please.

1 Like

Welcome @Peachonghorn :slight_smile:

Okay I’ll start with the start of my current position.

I’m 18 years only and I’ve done many regretful drugs. Some of which I would remember if it weren’t for the people around me. Herion, acid, methamphetamine, Crack, speed, cocain, Marijuana, oil, shader, pharmaceuticals, shrooms, and that’s all I can remember right now. See after years of abusing my body is tend to forget important things. Like why I’m admitting to all my failures.

Now I guess it’s time for so personal things.

I’ve been in cfs since I was 4 years old. Only because my foster went to jail for attempted murder. On my mother, myself and two of my younger brothers. That and the fact that I was born into a family know for drug trafficking and most obvious… being a very violently unpredictable gang.

Yeah I didn’t have such a great start in life but hey I’m not dead yet. Obviously I don’t blame my parents for what I’ve done. Cuz in the end it was my choice to follow there footsteps. Well the parts I know Cuz I haven’t seen the since cfs showed up.

Back to the addictions part.

I’ve tried Marijuana at 8, cocain at 11, and all the rest at 15. I think I really don’t remember much. Also I know is I have needle markings everywhere, my body is constantly in pain, and my skin is noticeable a grayish colour.

On top of all that I’m losing my eye sight. I have crossed bi-polar with unipolar depression. Uncontrollable anger issues and I very strange version of d.i.d. so I have alternating personality. 6 to be specific. And while ones " in the light" it’s opposite acts that of its conscious. Each alter is intensity attached to a emotion or deep feeling from post trauma. For example right now it sensitive and anger. I really do appreciate one have but apparently I have to f****** write about my feelings. I don’t know if I’m around to do that but it’s my introduction of my life and that how I feel.

Anyways that’s just about the shortest version of my story and my struggles.

To those who read all of it**
Thank you

4 Likes

The fact you are here on this forum speaks loudly. This is a great place for support as we’ve all been there in one way or another. Reaching out and admitting we have a problem is a huge step in the right direction so be proud for taking it.

Welcome @Raiden_Gabriel

Hi @Raiden_Gabriel and welcome. Wow is sounds like you are having to deal with many challenges besides trying to be clean/sober. I can only hope you are able to get professional help for those.

Hey all, my names Donald I’ve been in the rooms now for almost 11 months…my sobriety date is 4-29-16,I just thought I’d say hello and introduce myself! It’s been a long hard road so far but I’m grateful we have a daily reprieve…if your struggling to get this deal keep coming back…I too struggled to grab ahold of this and maintain any kind of sobriety…hang in there guys

5 Likes

Welcome @Don_Cocan

Hi, just wanted so introduce myself. I´m Anna, I´m 31 y/o and 14 days clean and sober.
Alcohol have always been my main addiction, but cocain and weed have been chasing the number 1 spot for a while now. Along with speed, opiates, pharmaceuticals and pretty much anything I could get my hands on. 2 weeks ago today my body said NO! after 4 months straight of to much drinking and using, not sleeping and trying to fit 4 jobs together and I got rushed to the ER… I was 100% sure I was gonna die in that er-room, a feeling I wish upon no one. So here I am now - fighting a war inside my head every day to stay sober.
I work in hospitality and pretty much all of my friends do to, and trying to stay sober in that environment is not easy that´s for sure… Some days I´m at “one hour at a time” and some days I have a good day where I feel strong.
The app have really been helping me and I think the forum will be a great place too for when I need to talk about my thoughts - even tho my friends listen they simply don’t understand… It only helps being told “just don’t think about it” so many times…
Thanks for reading <3

6 Likes

Hi @Serendipity. Glad to see you here after such a frightening experience. Note this forum is also available from talkingsober.com, even without the App.

1 Like

Welcome @Serendipity

1 Like

@Serendipity any support you need let us know. Strength and good vibes being sent!

1 Like

Hello everyone my name is Melissa. I am 29 years old. Even though alcoholism runs in my family I never thought I “fit into” the category of what it is to be an alcoholic because I’m not dependent on it or need it to function everyday. I live a healthy lifestyle during the week with eating well, going to the gym and not drinking. However, my problem is once I go out and have one drink, I can’t stop. Pretty much every time I drink I blackout and make horrible decisions. After blacking out last night and having my boyfriend and brother frantically trying to locate where I was and thinking the worst, I can truly say I have a major problem with alcohol. Long story short my experience last night made me realize there is not a checklist or a certain box someone has to check to be an alcoholic. I need help and the only thing that will help me is if I avoid alcohol completely. It’s a poison that I want to eliminate from my life. So I am on here today to become the best person I can be and take a different approach by leaning on people who are positive and supportive. Reading through these posts makes me feel so much better knowing I am not fighting this battle alone.

7 Likes