Introduce Yourself

Stay strong, I’ll keep you in my prayers

@Jordan_Brown Welcome & congratulations on a month + being sober! That’s excellent! I’ll keep you in my prayers! Blessings to you! :smile::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::confetti_ball::tada::pray::pray::pray::v::v::v:

3 Likes

I feel what your saying. I am learning a new way to live. After 20 years of drug use. meth and hermon being the main drugs. Alcohol to I forgot to mention. I am the only one in my immediate family sobor. Mom and both sisters still living a life of a dictionary. It breaks my heart. I just keep learning and living in the light of my higher power hoping that one day they will recognize how peaceful calm and free it is in the light and start the journey of there own road to recovery. I am still very young in this way of life but I have a powerful higher power and a good group around me. 77 days today. Life is full of blessings and It was nice to hear your story you shared. God bless you and yours.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone! I’m new to the group.
Alcohol has runied my life in more ways than one on multiple occasions. I prefer not to talk with people I know becuase they will never look at me the same. So if you don’t mind, I would like to let it out here?
At 16, I started drinking for fun and hanging out with people that were 19-26, mostly people I worked with. My 17th birthday, went over to my managers place, it was a girlfriend, myself, and a guy friend of his. We ended up snorting pain killers and drinking too much. I puked, went to bed, and “woke up” to me in the middle of having sex with him. The next day he said it was my idea. I worked two jobs, which gave me an excuse to come home late - we would drink before work, and after. One night I drank way to much and drove home (shouldn’t have been driving). I decided to take a shower when I got home, turned into a bath. I woke up in the bathtub 6 hours later. I believe I had a guaridan angel looking over me that I didn’t get in a wreck, or drown. Fast forward to 4 years later, I was with a boyfriend and we were drinking way too much. He told me I have daddy issues, I tried to walk away and went to another room to sleep so that the issue would be dropped, he was extremly drunk and snatched my phone from my hands which made me feel unconfortable, we were in another state, and I didn’t have anywhere or anyone to go to. I took my laptop and ran into the bathroom, messaged my brother and my brother called the cops. Fast forward 5 years, married, I have never cheated on him. One evening I got blacked out drunk, and asked my husband if he was gay, because we only have sex about once a month. That caused some problems. Getting blacked out and going out became a habbit. A few years later, I went out with friends, again had way too much to drink, was pulled over for speeding and got a DUI, my husband had to come pick me up from the police station at 3 am. That Christmas, I told him we needed to talk and that I was unhappy with our relationship. We discuss and mutually agreed those items would need to be fixed. He asked for 3 months to make things better. 5 days after that conversation, I found out I was pregnant, the first thing he asked was if it was his. We went back and forth on whether or not to keep it. We decided it wasn’t a good idea. This sent me into a depression and other problems. After moving past this, I have now cut out 95% of drinking. I have made a promise to only limit myself to drinking if I am on vacation. Things have been okay. I started to supplement myself with caffiene rather than alcohol. I have spent over $1,000 in the last 7 months at starbucks. I traded one addiction for another. So I am focusing on a healthier lifestyle by keeping track of how many days free of coffee, so that I can look forward, rather than back. As of right now, I am 3 days free!

2 Likes

My name is Mark m. I have 76 days sobor today. I am breaking the chains that have held me down from 20 years of drug use. I could go on for days about my days of using but at the moment I would much rather just say it’s been possible through my higher power, the willingness to try something different, and with the motivation I get from my daughter and her mom. I have a completely different outlook on life and what it means to do the right thing. I have never been sobor as an adult. And I love it. God bless you all.

3 Likes

Hallo everyone. I am Thijs and I am 33 years old I am from the netherlands. I live near the german border. I am not an alcholic but a heavy drinker. I joined this community to get rid of my so called demons. In the past months my drinking has become more intens. Meaning I started drinking earlier on weekends and the quantity increased. This started to creatie distance between me,my family, Friends etcetera.
I am 2 days sober now. My goal is to stay sober for at least 12 weeks.

4 Likes

Hi! My name is Michael and I’m from Eastern Ohio in the US. I’m 28 and I’m an alcoholic. I’m not an everyday drinker, but I binge when I drink. I’ve spent a ton of money on alcohol and I may also be addicted to gambling. I’m a felon, with 5 DUIS in 4 years and I manage a kitchen in a bar and grill. I’m completely and utterly lost right now, so I’ve decided to attempt to quit…again. I guess we’ll see how it turns out.

4 Likes

Hi. My name is Kyra. I’m 26 years old and am now on my second DUI because of being an alcoholic and not caring about my own well being or the safety of others. I never thought my life would get to this point but here it is. I’m 15days sober currently which is the most I’ve been sober from drinking or anything for the last 12 years. I started drinking and smoking weed after my grandpa died. Weed has always been more of a random, casual thing but booze and I have been besties for over half of my life. I’m trying to make the most of this second dui and probation by actually going sober not just because I’m being forced to by law bit also because I want to

4 Likes

The best advice I can give is not to try it alone. There is a world of people out there that really truly want to help you help yourself. I’m only on day 13, but without walking into my 1st AA meeting, I never would have got this far.

1 Like

Awesome thanks for sharing !

My name is Kayla. I’m 23. Since I was 19, I smoked weed, took Xanax and other pills. When I was 21, I got hooked on meth for about a year. Now I have a 6 month old daughter, and I’m 204 days sober! I thank God everyday for my daughter. If it wasn’t for her, I wouldnt be here! I’m blessed :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Hi my name is Emma. I’m 31. I’m an alcoholic. I in Melbourne, in Australia. I’ve been an alcoholic for many years. Over the past 2 years its gotta worst. It started when about 17 years old. Post traumatic stress syndrome kicked in. Which depression and anxiety came along with it. I drink to forget. I did have a few sober years in my 20s but than i fell but into its trap. So this is day 1 of being sober. I’m having pretty full withdrawals at the moment. I cant wait to feel good again.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’ve been going down a path of problematic drinking for quite a while now. It started socially where I’d have a few beers and go home but now I’ve been hanging out at bars drinking for 12 hours at a time. I lost my girlfriend because of it and now she’s back trying to work things out and I’ve completely skipped out on plans to talk things out again because I got too drunk the night before. I’ve had a few times in the past of going about a month and a half without drinking but I always end up going back to it. Anyway, I’m hoping I can actually stop for good this time. I’m only on day 2 so let’s see how this goes! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Welcome 4 our little group. I’m only 16 days sober for what it’s worth (& to me it’s worth the world! ). I was a social binge drinker & when I started on whiskey had no will power to stop. Any previous promises made to myself or others meant nothing. I would blackout & be a complete Asshole. Long story short. I had never ever , even considered going to AA before my last blackout, but I feel like my God placed his hand on my shoulder & made up my mind that I was ready. Once at my 1st meeting there it was step 1 admit your Powerless over Alcohol! ! That was definitely me.
Step 2 " turning things over to God, which is definitely who brought me there.
Anyways, that’s where I would recommend starting.

2 Likes

2 our little group I meant! (Sorry it’s 4am here, but I couldn’t sleep

1 Like

Hi @mwh welcome. We are all on our own journeys here but we are all in the same boat, just at different stages. Not gonna lie, have reset twice but the support I get from everyone here keeps me putting one foot in front of the other. One day at a time :blush:

2 Likes

First time posting. Can’t believe I am ready to change for real this time but need help.

5 Likes

Welcome @Iamstrong !

1 Like

Thank I am super shy and insecure about getting help but need change. So trying this. My triggers are being tired, anxiety, after working 13 hrs and boredom. Also i get overwhelmed and then drink too much. I need to learn how to deal and cope with daily struggles.

3 Likes

Hi everyone. My name is Sam. I’m an alcoholic and I have 72 days without a drink.
I live in middle Tennessee just outside Nashville and I’m a Union sheet metal worker. Right now I’m doing the 90 meetings in 90 days and some days go to more than one meeting.
I really am enjoying my sobriety and my connection with GOD.

6 Likes