Introduce Yourself

Welcome Sam, that’s awesome ! I’ve only made 5 in 20 days. But I think the support there is really great. I need to buy a,workbook & start doing the writing.

Hi! Jen, alcoholic. By the grace of God and the fellowship and program of alcoholics anonymous, I have been sober for 13 months. Born and raised in Akron Ohio … birthplace of AA. INCREDIBLE history here.

4 Likes

Where about in Ohio are you?

Hi my names Ben I am am alcoholic. I have been sober for 3 days as of this morning, and trying to work the steps the best I can.
I was a daily drinker normally 6 to 8 beer a day, and it caused my family life and my relationship with my kids to deteriorate. I am proud to have made this step towards recovery.

4 Likes

Hello My name is Jason and I am new here. Been clean almost 24 hours now so I’m looking for lots of advice and support. I’m a heavy drinker. I can’t have just one.

3 Likes

@Jason_Hurd Welcome, glad to have you here! Hang in there! You’ll find plently of encouragement here! Stay strong, blessings! :smile::clap::purple_heart::tada::confetti_ball::muscle::muscle::muscle::pray::pray::+1::v::v:

Thank you so much. It means a lot

Thank you. Glad to he here

1 Like

Hey! My names Dusti, I’m 25 and I’m from Arizona! I started drinking just for fun around 17 not all the time maybe four times a month, weekends I guess. I started having seizures about three years ago and the drinking just hasn’t stopped!! It’s like i was afraid to go to sleep. I’ve tried to do it myself and it never works! My house burned down a couple months ago, and that’s made it so much harder to stick to my plan!! I do good all day, Then I see the sunset and I just get anxious like it’s time to start drinking again!

1 Like

I’m Eric, 24, from Nebraska. I’ve been drinking for about 2 or 3 years. I think I’ve secretly known I’ve had a problem. I just want to get better. Alcohol is a posting and I’m consuming like it’s water. I live by myself in my house. I have a girlfriend but she’s away at school. I think the huge reason why I drink so much is because I feel lonely. Alcohol tells me we’re friends…

2 Likes

Thank you for welcoming me;) and I do hate the feeling of being alone also, your not the only one!!

1 Like

@Jason_Hurd great! Let’s do another 24 hours!!! :muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Hi, My name is Kate I am 28yo and from Brisbane, Australia. I am a single (divorced) mother of 2 children ages 3 1/2 and 2yo. I am an alcoholic. I have been an alcoholic for 7 years after starting to drink to numb myself from an abusive relationship.

At first my using didn’t hurt or affect anyone… so I thought! I had a great fulltime job, was happy, met a decent man and had a lovely home. The person I was back then when I was drinking was not as bad as the person I am now when I drink. It has taken years to get to this point. Getting divorced hasn’t helped, my depression and anxiety hasn’t helped, but then I realised that I am just focusing on the negatives! It is time to focus on the positives! While I am only 11hrs sober, it is a start!

Nice to meet you all and God Bless x

4 Likes

That’s great! Focus on the blessings!

Welcome bro! There are plenty of people here to be your friends. Focus on the blessings in life! Stay sober:)

Names AJ. Never really reached out to a forum but here it is. I’m an alcoholic. I’m 29, from oregon. I have been drinking regularly since I was about 15 when my dad past away. My mom also gave up, started smoking meth. I wasn’t really on her radar any more as a child and would often drink with me. I’m pretty certain I haven’t gone more then a month with out some type of booze since then. In the last 5 years though it has been more like a week. I mostly binge on the days I don’t work. Sometimes say fuck it and just deal with the consequences the next day. I have experimented with plenty drugs in the past but could consciously stay away from them. The booze not so much. Recently went through a bad break up and burned a couple bridges. Also have addiction in all parts of my family and an uncle who recently past because of alcohal abuse. I’m just concerned if i carry on this path I’m going to end up really hurting someone or myself. Guess I finally realized this is an issue. Just looking for support, as much as I try and am an independent person. Somethings you just can’t do alone.
Thanks

4 Likes

Hello my name is Ariel. I am 27 years old. I decided 17 days ago to quit drinking. Its been hard but i know its what i need to do. My health isnt the best and drinking doesnt help it at all. Im glad i found this place.

2 Likes

My name is Samantha, and have been going through a rough year. Lost people whom I thought were my friends, lost my job, and have even had difficulties with the last thing in my life that I thought I would never lose, my family. I started with a crowd of people I have known for years about a year and a half ago and we partied a lot. Drinking, drugs, you name it. Just about every weekend and sometimes during the week. These so called friends of mine left me in my darkest of days, which may have been a blessing in disguise. But the mean and terrible things that were being said about me, which was completely unrecognizable to me because I’m so loving and too caring for everything and everyone, started to take its tole and eat away at me, as I started to believe the terrible things that were being said about me. I started doing cocaine alone , as someone who was my “friend” was a dealer and became best friends with my roommate. The temptation was there all the time, and I couldnt help but buy. I have been moved out of that house since April and clean from cocaine since. However, alcohol became my culprit. When one drink with a friend, or even alone was never an option. One drink would turn into a completely wasted night. I turned to drinking because it was a temporary relief from the pain I was feeling all from my own doing. I’m completely alone now and I know what I have to do but it’s hard because I don’t feel like anyone cares and so why should I. But I have become so attached with the being alone idea that I don’t even know how to be myself around my family or long time friends. I also push good, loving people who want to get to know me away because I feel that they deserve better. I’m looking into meetings near me and I’m going to start today. Wearing your hear on your sleeve doesn’t get me anywhere and has been self tourment. I just don’t want to be alone anymore. Thanks for creating this forum, sorry for such a long story, and so much love to you.

8 Likes

Hello, I’m Ryan…

I am 33 years old, I live with a great girlfriend and a close relationship with my family.

However, I live a double life… it’s fairly common knowledge that I like my drink, but I have been snorting cocaine for 15 years, and keeping it from loved ones…

This has gotten exceptionally worse over the last 5 years or so, I use alcohol trigger the craving, and pick up anywhere between 2 grams to an 8 ball, to use to myself in 1 night… then go to work the next day in awful condition. this happens about twice a week.

I have come to terms with the fact that I am an ugly person on the inside. I am not overly concerned about myself, but more about the people around me who care about me, and the grief it would cause them if something happened to me.

I’ll never forgive myself for the lying, cheating, not showing up at home, and I don’t expect anybody else too either.

My hope is that if I can put away or at least control the alcohol, ill stop craving the drugs, and I can at least pretend that I’m a normal person moving forward, for the sake of the people around me.

Thanks for listening, you are the first person to hear me open up about these things.

48 hours sober.

5 Likes

The hardest part for me, and even though it disgusts me is I still crave the cocaine. But I just have gotten to the bottom, the bottom where I’m afraid to die but where I don’t want to get out of bed. I just went to my first aa meeting last night. And I spoke to someone and it just has to start with this. And you can make it. My plan to gain my family back is to hope at my 30 day sobriety have those I’ve hurt come with me to show them that I can do it. And I can be sober. Because if I’m not I ruin my relationships with my family and they are all I have. It’s going to be so hard, but I would say if you aren’t ready to talk to your girlfriend or family about it start by going and doing it for yourself! If you can do it for yourself, you will be golden! I can’t imagine 15 years as mine has only been on and off for about 6… it won’t be easy but there are so many people out there who can relate to you and are going through the same thing. I hope I can help by being here if you ever want to talk. I don’t have a boyfriend because I have managed to push everyone away and it does tend to get lonely sometimes. Keep that chin up ryan. And take it just day by day.

5 Likes