Is smoking weed cheating on your sobriety?

If you are using any mind altering drugs, you aren’t technically sober and you won’t end up feeling all the mental and physical benefits of sobriety. You might be okay using weed as a crutch (okay as in functional), but you will never be able to experience the true joy of being sober.

2 Likes

I dont think it is. Depends whaf your drug of choice was. And how often you smoke.

Depends on how you tolerate addiction, in my opinion. I don’t have a “stop” button with alcohol, I don’t know my limits. However, I can load a couple hits and call it good and feel better. When I say “feel better”, that is not associated necessarily with getting high. I have anxiety, depression (just wrapped up five months of postpartum depression, thank goodness.), social anxiety, sometimes with extreme ups and downs (bi-polar). Now, I don’t take pills to control these, I do not like taking pills aside from my daily vitamin. I also do not have insurance to go see a doc, nor get a prescription (sad we can’t afford to treat our mental health, too). So, I occasionally take a toke to help ground me. Not a lot, just enough to make me take a step back in re evaluate what I’m doing or thinking. Helps tremendously. I do have a hard time saying I’m “sober” though. Yes, I haven’t drank in 481 days, so I say “481 days sober…from booze.” :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes